Author Topic: 4654 - a new special pirate  (Read 7073 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: cool and not so cool things
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2006, 14:58:22 »
;Di agree with sylvia - the compass is cool.
i don't know if it is historically correct (i think that sailors could already use maritime compasses in those days, with a rotating dial instead of a rotating hand)
  :P

But such compasses I think were expensive because they were the state of the art for the times, and so not all ships used them.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Re: 4654 - a new special pirate
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 17:08:51 »
Can't wait to get this one!! :arrr:

I think the legs are new, cannot remember to have seen that kind of shoes before.
These kind of legs-with-shoes also (will) appear in one other set, as far as one can know from currently available pictures: in the Roman "headquarters"-set with the tent: the soldier in the background by the horse has the same type of legs; yellow trousers, bare legs and brown shoes underneath. Only difference are the imprinted insignia just...ahum...below his belly.
And if you ask me, the pirate-theme will next year be....discontinued or updated! (I'm seeing indications it it will be the latter one)

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2006, 19:14:36 »
(...)
And if you ask me, the pirate-theme will next year be....discontinued or updated! (I'm seeing indications it it will be the latter one)

:'( please, not discontinued, not discontinued, not disconinued, no, please.
 :hmm: we can always turn ourselves into dangerous terrorists and destroy geobra.
i don´t care if hey update the pirate theme. they can even present a 3 legged pirate, i really don't care.
i just hope discontinuity is not an option.
i could see what the western fans had to go by when it happened to them.
(by the way, do you think they know some tricks to bring back to life a discontinued theme? it would be better if we started to investigate.)
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2006, 23:12:49 »
There some reasons why, in my personal opinon, new or updated pirate sets will appear:

1) Next year it will be 7 years the 3940 (US 3286) Flagship, 3938 Lagoon, etc... were released, so an update would be welcome and in the Geobra-style to do.
2) The new mould of trousers is very typical for pirates and is probably not only intended for use in this new Pirate-special 4654 and for one klicky in a Roman set.
3) The Add-on sets for replacement masts 7594 and sails 7614 will no longer be available in the DS-catalogue (in Europe) next year.
4) The new Pirate-Micro-set contains a small version of the Flagship but with white sails and with skulls on them, and a new kind of lagoon with a rock-fortress. These don't exist yet (or in that form), while all the other Micro-sets show miniature copies of existing sets. (Fairytale Castle & coach, Noah's Ark, the King's Castle)
5) What will be available in the US (and Canada?) through Target-stores this year: and update of Blackbeard's ship with... white sails with a skull on one of them.

So... :arrr:

Btw, here a piccie of the Roman soldier with the pirate-style trousers:

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2006, 01:30:31 »
There some reasons why, in my personal opinon, new or updated pirate sets will appear:
4) The new Pirate-Micro-set contains a small version of the Flagship but with white sails and with skulls on them, and a new kind of lagoon with a rock-fortress. These don't exist yet (or in that form), while all the other Micro-sets show miniature copies of existing sets. (Fairytale Castle & coach, Noah's Ark, the King's Castle)

Verrrry interesting prediction, Cap'n Hadoque ...  :arrr:

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
thanks, hadoque
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2006, 23:20:36 »
  ;D  thanks, hadoque, for the reassuring predictions.
i was already trying to find a way to create an on-line petition against the pirate's announced disappearance.
i am calmer now, but those wer days of a certain un-easyness.
i hope a new boat will appear.
a new royal navy boat would also be nice, to complete the schooner flotilla.
let's hope your clever playmo-prediction is right.
untill then we can always watch the "pirates of the caribbean - 2" movie~.
just to ease our love for piracy.
thanks again, and if you have any problems with rackham le rouge, just say.
   ;)
    honni soit qui mal y pense