Author Topic: Defective Playmobil  (Read 8741 times)

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
  • I come here for peace and quiet.
    • http://www.survival101.wetpaint.com
Re: Defective Playmobil
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2011, 23:29:51 »
Andy I bet you have a lot more parts than you think if you have over 2000 sets. A single simple klicky is made up of about 7 ( 2 arms, legs, head, hair, torso & skeleton) and that is just a simple one . Think of a Knight with all his armor and weapons or a Fireman or woman (I love that Monty joke)
Well, there you go then. I have even MORE pieces that ‘could’ have gone badly, and only one piece to date. (I don’t get the joke, but anyways…)
If I’m jealous, you did SOMETHING right. Keep it up. :D
I Support Operation Anime Storm..

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2011, 02:21:11 »
Well, there you go then. I have even MORE pieces that ‘could’ have gone badly, and only one piece to date. (I don’t get the joke, but anyways…)

HI

It comes from "Life of Brian" where Stan wants to be a child bearing woman  ;)

As far as parts in the box I do not recall any missing items that were of big concern. I recall much more extras than bits left our actually. In my collection I have only had a few errors due to mechanical errors and such so my record with Playmobil is very satisfactory. Now the thinner or flimsier plastic is a different issue that concerns me

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2011, 11:12:19 »
I've never had missing parts in a set. I did have extra parts (a lot) or broken (just one caff) but never missing.
You notice the flimsier plastic in newer sets? from what year on? I don't have latest sets.... I think the newer sets I have are the 5301 mansion...of the diving expedition theme and they look as good as ever to me.... and then I have the 2010 Xmas, Kristkind and saint niklass blister and they look great too.... So you notice it in big parts?
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2011, 13:15:55 »
Well they are a bit thin and flimsy in the new castles...

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2011, 13:16:55 »
One example of something that's a tad lower quality is the 4835 Dragon castle. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but compared to the old steck castles it is hardly comparable. The plastic used for the rocks is very thin and same goes for the material used for the towers. I think the klickies and the smaller pieces are still very high quality. That is just my opinion, but I am no expert  ;)
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2011, 13:30:07 »
One example of something that's a tad lower quality is the 4835 Dragon castle. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but compared to the old steck castles it is hardly comparable. The plastic used for the rocks is very thin and same goes for the material used for the towers. I think the klickies and the smaller pieces are still very high quality. That is just my opinion, but I am no expert  ;)

Yes I will agree with you! Still, its good quality!

Offline Coyote

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2011, 14:29:00 »
As I mentioned in my thread about the new school, there does seem to be more issues with missing/defective parts.  But the quality overall doesn't seem diminished.  I also disagree that system X is less stable and durable than steck-  As someone who occasionally has to cart buildings up from the basement for little girl play-time, the victorian dollhouse and steck castles are vulnerable to falling apart during transport, an issue I never have with even the largest system x buildings.  I think the old steck buildings are generally more attractive, but I have appreciate the durability of X.  Also, once you go through the hell of attaching all the little connectors the first time, System X goes together as quickly as steck.

I'm more concerned with playmobil becoming more stripped down, with less accessories.  Some of the new themes (agents, dragon riders-even tho I love some of the sets) seem too focused on one type of play, and gimmicks, instead of more "open" themes.  Don't know if that makes any sense to anyone, don't know how else to explain it...   ;D
  Peoples Republic of Maine  :D

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2011, 19:49:34 »
As I mentioned in my thread about the new school, there does seem to be more issues with missing/defective parts.  But the quality overall doesn't seem diminished.  I also disagree that system X is less stable and durable than steck-  As someone who occasionally has to cart buildings up from the basement for little girl play-time, the victorian dollhouse and steck castles are vulnerable to falling apart during transport, an issue I never have with even the largest system x buildings.  I think the old steck buildings are generally more attractive, but I have appreciate the durability of X.  Also, once you go through the hell of attaching all the little connectors the first time, System X goes together as quickly as steck.

I'm more concerned with playmobil becoming more stripped down, with less accessories.  Some of the new themes (agents, dragon riders-even tho I love some of the sets) seem too focused on one type of play, and gimmicks, instead of more "open" themes.  Don't know if that makes any sense to anyone, don't know how else to explain it...   ;D

Initially I really liked sysX.  I liked the building of it - it was fun and took time.  I guess like building lego is fun.

I see now,however, how much easier Steck is for children!  System x is really hard for them to put together (heck, it is for adults at times too, depending upon the individual assembly ...).

Steck only looks better because they moulded more details on the pieces.  They could have done that with System X too, if they wanted.  However, Playmobil would have to have diffferent moulds for each theme.  This way, with just plain blob block shapes they just use the same mould and put in a different colour of plastic.  No texture, no detail. 

Well, they say, let's just put a sticker over it....

I do not know if one is any more durable than the other - but I have had my school fall apart on my as I tried to pick it up.  That's wasn't fun - I had to take the WHOLE thing apart and start again on it because of how system X goes together.  Just a pain in the ___.  System X building are always falling apart around here and I know the girls do not play harder than a boy would.  Nor harder than I and I have my olde toys from when I was a kid and my kids still use them.

All the nostalgia of Steck aside, I really do think System X could have been made MUCH better by having moulded in details instead of so many blank walls.  The castle pieces have some stone details, why not wood planks instead of just brown coloured pastic?   Then you could have red and white coloured wood pieces for barns and stables, etc

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2011, 11:35:37 »
http://www.klickywelt.de/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=43553&start=45

It is this thread I am talking about.

Cheers, :wave:

Offline Ronastoo

• Playmo Lover
  • MamaDragon
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2011, 14:31:51 »
I thought it was interesting that I'd been reading this thread and thinking that I hadn't had any defective Playmo.  Then I got my fairy Easter egg and when I opened it I found that her wings had been deformed by the curve of the eggshell.

EDIT:  I just called Playmo to let them know I had defective wings and that I'd like a replacement and they told me they didn't have any and that I'd have to call back in two to three weeks.  I'm a little upset that I have to call them back to get a replacement piece for something that's defective.  ::breathing dragon fire::
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 15:09:35 by Ronastoo »
Rona MamaDragon