Author Topic: what other playmobil forums, clubs, gatherings, do you participate in  (Read 5269 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
I am a member here, Klickywelt, and Laughing Giraffe actively and have a membership at Customize It but haven't been there in a while.
I was a member of Playmoboard first and then the German forum prior to Klickywelt. The Internet is really a very social medium and many of the same interpersonal problems that happen in day to day life happen here as well. It's not surprising over time there's been some shifting about of sites and groups. Regardless, we all have more in common than not. People just loose sight of how small the differences really are from time to time.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
This is the only forum I am a member of, although I wish I spoke German so I could be a member of klickywelt!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
I am only a member on this marvelous forum! :D

Damo :)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Hi

When I first found out there were such things as forums I was only a member of the now defunct PlaymoBoared. It seemed to be a very active site with a large diverse group. As tensions grew and the dictatorship styled management kept throwing out very valuable members it seemed to me to become a sort of "Playmobil Help Center" for new short term collectors. I guess I grew tired of what I viewed as repetitive questions like "How do I build 3666", "What is DS", "Can I buy Parts" on a daily basis. When the "serious collectors" were finally all thinned out I decided it too was time to leave and find new Forums. I found LG and PF. LG tends to be a little less active for my taste but has some great members who I wish would just come over here. PF for me has a great diverse group of respectful members and that does help tremendously when moderating. Klickywelt is the other forum I have membership at.  I do post there quite infrequently as it is in German but I would not have any other access to some of Playmobil's biggest fans if I did not over look this language challenge.

For now Playmofriends seems to be satisfying all the Playmobil chat I can absorb at this time so I tend to stay here.

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline kenc

• Playmo Lover
Playmoseven used to be  a Yahoo group, I was a member in the early 2000's. Then I was a member of Playmoboard and nowadays I'm a member of Playmofriends, Klickywelt & Customise-it.

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
I'm really just a member of this forum and Garden-Wargaming.  I wished though that I spoke German so I could be a member in klickywelt! But for now I okay on this wonderful forum! :love:

Baden  :wave:
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
i'am only a member on playmofriens i think it is the best forum for playmobil conversations  :) the others don't seem so welcome active and easy ,i was a member in some playmobil forum of yahoo before i come here but i always received emails with totally different conversations for univercities a mother was asking for her child in which university to choose and staff like that not even a single email with a playmobil theme ,i steel receive some of these annoying emails , when i registered i would receive 10 emails the day now almost i don't receive anything thank god  :)
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Coyote

• Playmo Lover
I was a member of Playmoboard, and enjoyed witnessing lots of fun drama over the years, but I do appreciate the quieter nature of Playmofriends.  Member of LG, but I HATE HATE HATE Schleich and its imitators (except Smurfs  ;D) so I don't go there so much these days.  I lurk on Klickywelt- like the pics of upcoming sets and customs, but the whole site is in some foreign language...   ;D ;D ;D
  Peoples Republic of Maine  :D

Offline AndrewL

• Playmo Lover
Hi,

I'm here and on Garden Wargaming, though like many I first joined PlaymoBoard. But that was near what appears to have been the end of that forum's life, so I came over here.

I can read German well enough to understand what's being said on Klickywelt and other German boards (and my spoken German is passable, if now rather rusty), but my written German was never very good, so I quail at the thought of trying to post on a German board.

As far as any other clubs or gatherings go, I haven't taken part in any, but I would be happy to do so if the opportunity ever arose...

Cheers,

AndrewL

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
  • Just say the magic word!
I'm only on this forum.

We have a social network here called hyves and I joined the playmogroups there. But they are quite inactive and mostly joined by children.

I do not know anybody in the flesh that collects playmobil, though my brother in law is doing a little playmobil collecting for his kids. Especially when I gave him a collectors guide for christmas.

The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman