Author Topic: are all playmobil original?  (Read 7186 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: are all playmobil original?
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 20:46:34 »
Usually it takes a lot of time for a really good playmobil item to appear on ebay. I recently bought a 5620 touring car for about 60 euros and i was looking for it for a long time. At the moment there are a few 5620 but the cheapest costs 100 euros.

So its up to a plamobil fan to open his/her vault of rare beauties and sell it on ebay. But it is also in the liking of the buyer to get what he wants. I believe that people tend to buy big sets easier instead of smaller ones which tend to be quite expensive. I mean, I am not really in the mood of paying 30 to 40 euros for a 5500... but put another 30 euros and i would certainly like to buy a 5640 truck...

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 21:04:26 »
you are right the small boxes are expensive but the bigger ones are even more expensive. 60 euro for the 5620 victorian car new in box?? the car costs from 100..something to 300 from what i have seen. everyone is asking the price he want's the thing is that people shops !!

a!!! i just remembered something there was a seller on ebay that was selling the 5503 (lady in white with a man sevant in blue victorian) he was selling this item but he had incuded in his pictures  a big brown new  seeming box full of the same toy ??
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2010, 21:10:24 »
60 euro for the 5620 victorian car new in box??

The car came with all klickies and accesories but no box. The seller even provided me with a photocopied instruction sheet.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2010, 21:17:58 »
it was used or new in bags you won it or you bought it(buy it now)?
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2010, 21:24:49 »
used for display and not in bags.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2010, 21:55:52 »
that's a good price i wonder how i didnt see it
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2010, 05:57:17 »
I think it's perfectly possible that all the mint in box Victorian sets popping up on eBay have been sitting in small toyshops for years, until someone came along who recognised their potential value, bought them, and stuck them on eBay.

There are a couple of set 5315 in a toystore here in Eugene, but I'm not prepared to pay the $30 they're asking.

In the last few months I happened across three different 3666 castles all in original boxes - two in a toyshop in Dublin (Ireland) and one here in Eugene. I'd have bought the Dublin ones but for the difficulty of getting them back to London with me, and the 200 Euro Pricetag each. I did buy the Eugene one, plus a 3667 castle in the same store.

Of course Playmobil still have the capability to recreate all the Victorian sets if they wished, but they haven't, yet.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2010, 07:19:46 »
In the last few months I happened across three different 3666 castles all in original boxes - two in a toyshop in Dublin (Ireland) and one here in Eugene.

Lucky you!!! I only dream of finding a steck castle forgoten in a toystore. Last year a major toy store brought a lot of 3030 sets but as i understood they were newer editions. So it is possible playmobil is still producing exclusive sets for major sellers.... I only wish they would put them somewere ina catalogue..

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2010, 13:47:10 »
Lucky you!!! I only dream of finding a steck castle forgoten in a toystore. Last year a major toy store brought a lot of 3030 sets but as i understood they were newer editions. So it is possible playmobil is still producing exclusive sets for major sellers.... I only wish they would put them somewere in a catalogue..

True. It gives me no particular extra tingle of pleasure to obtain sets that other people don't have access to (such as the Target and TRU exclusive blisters), but it does annoy me when a really nice set or figure is only made available in some countries, and I'll have to make special arrangements to get hold of one.

At present Playmodb (thrice bless Heather for all her wonderful work) is the only place recording these sets, and fitting them into the wider spectrum.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2010, 19:43:29 »
have you seen any 3666 in toystores pano??
The spirits rule !!!!