Author Topic: are all playmobil original?  (Read 7188 times)

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
are all playmobil original?
« on: March 27, 2010, 18:27:45 »
i was wondering since i started collecting playmobil as an adult two years ago,are all the vintage playmobil sold on ebay originally made at that time or they are made now?because there is a huge amound  of these toys especially of the victorian theme and i wonder they never end ??
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
Re: are all playmobil original?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 18:37:52 »
Dear 1989  :wave:

Victorian Collectors such as myself and Emma will tell you that what is considered by some as the most beautiful and crafted theme ever produced by Playmobil became discontinued years ago  :'(

Their market value and appeal being as high now as ever, many Sellers are still ofeering "Victorian Sets" which are ranging from the very rare unopened mint in box, to opened but with original box, to free sets, individual spare pieces and customized sets from our Friend Emma and myself  :)

The rarest pieces can be found on Ebay.de ( Germany ) and put in search engine Playmobil "nostalgie", "1900", "rosa", "puppenhaus".

Good luck in your quest to step back in the good old times of our happy little Victorians  :love:

Karim :)
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 19:05:19 »
Yes, I guess so.

It's a lot of playmo, but it's been made a lot, and it's second, third (or more) hand playmo the older ones.

I have never come across fake playmobil (yet). I'm not a great buyer (I, myself, only buy brand new stuff ...), but, until now, and until something shows otherwise, I think I can see only original playmo. It's possible, however, to distinguish European playmo, Troll (Brasilian), and the Argentinian (don't remember the maker) kinds. These three kinds are different, even the Troll and the original German klickys from the 1970s-80s (you can see that the hand of the German one is a little more well manufactured than those by Troll.

To make fake playmo, however, musn't be so difficult. In a way, Troll wasn't great quality ... (On the contrary ...)

A few thoughts ... :2c:

Gus
:blackhair:
Gus

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 19:06:11 »
hi  yes i know that are sold in german ebay. i have all the collection small and big and some pieces more than one time but my question is are all the ones sold on ebay originally made in 1989, 1990 or playmobil is making them again  today for collectors because they are wanted??
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 19:13:02 »
Playmobil has not produced any of these victorian sets for years. However they did produce a limited number of sets, or part of sets, and made them available through direct service (7261, 7411, 7029) Then again I suppose that it is possible that they have loads of individual accessories available through direct service, a privilige that the Playmobil Hellas DS has not provided us.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 19:17:31 »
Dear 1989  :wave:

Your question is really interesting and was the subject of separate topic a few months ago when we discussed the elaborate and expensive Collectors Items that Lego was offering to its most loyal and fortunate - in all the meanings of the word -Collectors who even helped with the design for prices ranging from 350 US dollars to 600 +  8}

I am afraid that this is a dream that serious Victorian Collectors like myself and Emma would have considered should Playmobil had not discontinued once and for all its Victorian Theme years ago  :'(.

So, any genuine Victorian item available on Ebay ( .com, .fr, .co.uk, .de ) are dating from 1989 to the year when the Victorian Collection got discontinued.

Karim :)
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 19:37:47 »
 do you know what suspended me: it is that there is a very big amound of toys that is sold of the theme on ebay there are 5 items of the 5500 old lady and maid  for example (and mostly all the items)at any time on the ebay! they never end????
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 20:21:45 »

So, any genuine Victorian item available on Ebay ( .com, .fr, .co.uk, .de ) are dating from 1989 to the year when the Victorian Collection got discontinued.

Except for Fred's red book, it's the same in the 5321 set ... (both attached)

[silence]

Okay, I _am_ joking (and it was a poor one ..) but what I mean is, there are lots (really) of bits in the playmoworld, and quite a few of them are still around, but we can't see any of the cars, to give an example, of the 1900 collection, and those aren't easy to produce, so, yes, they're all original.

do you know what suspended me: it is that there is a very big amound of toys that is sold of the theme on ebay there are 5 items of the 5500 old lady and maid  for example (and mostly all the items)at any time on the ebay! they never end????

(Hm .. oO okay, I don't have an explaination for that ..)
Gus

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 20:29:23 »
this was nice i liked it . you say that we can't count how many they are, but every day on ebay there is a car available and  more ?
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 20:40:54 »
(Nay, I have no explaination for that either ...)
Gus