General > Brainstorming For Playmobil

Would like a Roman Expansion

(1/4) > >>

Romemobil:
Hi Everyone,
I know its been discussed on here before and I have to say I agree with many points made, I too would love to see a Roman expansion there is still so much that can be created and the beauty of it from a production aspect is that the Roman's mainly kept things simple when it came to design imagine a Playmobil Circus for example little more than an extension of the existing arena but with some straighter sides and a raised "spina" that could include the obelisk from set 4243 Pharaohs temple, or a Roman theatre based on the current arena design with modifications for more tiers, a classic and simple Roman Villa just look at the villas of Pompeii or Herculaneum to see how simple a design would need to be, a Roman aqueduct and street fountain or the splendour of an Imperial Palace to the more modest Roman Insulas (apartment buildings) with shops at street level.

I see Playmobil are due to expand their Ancient God's series so lets hope they expand their Ancient Roman one too

Thanks

John

Macruran:
I could not possibly agree more. I hadn't noticed until you pointed it out but yes those new Greek god boxes are labelled "History" and not Play + Give, so there's a tiny ray of hope. THE PEOPLE DEMAND HISTORY PLAYMOS

Bolingbroke:
Giving us some (historically accurate) barbarians to pit against our Romans would be a good start. Also a historically accurate Roman fort. I’d take civilians and civilian buildings, but I’d rather they start from there.

Justindo:
I agree.  Creating a Circus Maximus would be quite easy with just one or a couple new parts (i.e., straight pieces for the colosseum).  A Roman fort and civilian buildings would also be most welcome and could sell well, the former with boys and the latter with girls.

tahra:
I am quite sure many many boys (most roman collectors) would want civilian buildings - a lot more than a fort. That we kinda have. One way or THE OTHER.

Helpful explanatory infographic: A Holiday Toy Shopping Guide For Girls And Boys (link)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version