Author Topic: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St  (Read 199452 times)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
Re: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St
« Reply #270 on: June 25, 2011, 19:06:34 »
Good afternoon dear Friends  :wave:

As I will be very soon starting the first chapter of the Summer Garden Party on Regent St, I would like to close this Making Of with the decoration of the Grand Room by the one & only Lady Edwina Weldon, quintessential Fashion & Interior Designer of the Victorian era  ;)

With the lighting and the photography in mind and to create a more light reflective decor,  I have created white ceilings in the victorian kitchen and the grand room using cardboard covered with a white paper sheet and I have changed the flooring of the Grand Room with a black and white tiles embossed sheet, mostly inspired by the pictures I took for the Cast & Guest Stars.

The difference being that the decors for the Cast & Guest Stars were custom built to enhance the wonderful creations of our Playmofriends, and all the interior pictures of the Summer Garden Party will actually be taken in the victorian mansion itself, not a decor re-creating it and as always without any special effects.

Lady Edwina Weldon decorates the Grand Room, helped of course by the Staff of the Mansion - Part 1

Part 2 & Final Part of the Making Off to follow... ;)

The curtains for the conservatory part of the Grand Room and the Summer Pavillion are made in a crisp white Broderie Anglaise which should look nice in a summer setting with its light see through effect  ;)

Those interested in the architectural additions to my project such as the Grand Fountain, the Grand Room Fireplace and Columns can contact me for the details of my Friend Sue Cook who is a wonderful Miniaturist based in the UK  :)

Karim :gent:

« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 19:20:49 by playmovictorian »
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #271 on: June 25, 2011, 20:13:07 »
OMG...you have outdone yourself Karim.... those columns and the curtains!! Magnificent once more!
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #272 on: June 25, 2011, 23:32:40 »
great looking !!!!  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #273 on: June 26, 2011, 02:05:56 »
It's looking beautiful! Very well done!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #274 on: June 26, 2011, 15:37:13 »

The finishing touches are simply splendid! :lens: :inlove:

And the servants look very neat in their uniforms too. :)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #275 on: June 28, 2011, 01:42:13 »
Thank you so much dear Friends  :wave:

Karim :)
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #276 on: June 28, 2011, 03:15:36 »
Lady Edwina decorates the Grand Room of the Mansion and the Summer Pavillion with the help of the Staff of the Mansion - Part 2

Everything starts with a cup of tea in England and Lady Weldon was no exception to the tradition this morning as she started her very busy working her magic throughout the Victorian Mansion with a cup of her favorite tea blend  ;)...

We are catching up with the happy little world of No1 Regent St including the victorian kitchen which is also getting very busy with the feast to come  :chef:

End of the Making Of Summer Garden Party on Regent St

After a very busy day for Lady Edwina and the Staff of the Mansion, time has come for me to close the final chapter of this Making Of and I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for following this project developing from a blank sheet of A3 paper and a few ideas nearly a year ago into a wonderful online Playmobil communities gathering through the magical creations of characters from our Playmofriends from around the world  :love:

I will soon open the first chapter of the Summer Garden Party on Regent St which will tell the story of an extraordinary day unfolding in 5 chapters :

Summer Garden Party on Regent St - Victorian Tales

Chapter 1 : Early Morning to Noon 

Picking up the fruits and vegetables in the vegetable gardens and the preparation and cooking of the feast in the kitchen. Decoration of the gardens and the Summer pavillion.

Chapter 2 : Noon to 5.00pm  

Preparation of the afternoon cakes and other sweet delights in the kitchen, arrival of the Guests and serving of high tea on the elevated terrace lawn including a Royal visit  ;)

Chapter 3 : 5.00pm to 8.00pm

Setting up the stage for the play "The Three Musketeers" on the elevated terrace, sitting down of the Guests and "show time" involving the 3 Musketeers, Cardinal Richelieu, Queen Anne and Milady de Winter.

Chapter 4  : 8.00pm to 10.00pm

Dishing and serving of the sumptuous evening buffet in the summer pavillion with cocktails and piano music and dancing

Chapter 5  10.00pm to Midnight

Magical entrance and performance of Maria Malibran. The end

Welcome to No1 Regent St dear Friends  :wave:

Karim & his happy little Victorians :gent:

« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 03:47:13 by playmovictorian »

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #277 on: June 28, 2011, 11:48:57 »
 :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

Excellent!! Love it all!!!!!!!!
Can't wait for the first chapter!!  :love:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #278 on: July 02, 2011, 16:38:56 »
Thank you so much dear Gaston  :wave:

I have posted the first instalment of the first chapter yesterday and the second instalment of the first chapter later on today  ;)

Summer Garden Party on Regent St has officially started !

Karim :)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #279 on: July 03, 2011, 20:55:35 »
so so soooo lovely!!!