Author Topic: Collectors case review  (Read 9030 times)

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
Collectors case review
« on: May 01, 2010, 17:48:41 »
Hi,
Haven't done a review so thought I would review this collectors case which I have just recently purchased and that I don't think has been reviewed before.

The case is a nice size at  14.5 x 14.5" and 3.5" deep.

It is of cardboard construction covered with a plastic which is adhered using glue and metal type pins.

There is a plastic viewing window in built on the front to enable the klickies to see out. there is also a large printed graphic of the iconic 70's knight and playmobil system logo.

On top:

On top there is a substantial plastic carry handle with metal bracket parts so it is very strong and made to last. Their is also a good fastening clip to match, which holds keeps the case closed when transporting or standing the unit on end. This does it's job well although it can be a bit fiddly to open sometimes.

Inside:

Inside we find two lift out trays in which the Playmobil can be organised. These are inevitably made from very thin plastic so vulnerable to damage especially in the corners.

Both trays stack neatly inside each other when empty, but with playmo in this can be a problem which some may find anoying (like myself) so the trays have to be turned opposite ways to each other when in use so they stack neatly.

This problem could be remidied easily by using a thin piece of card cut to size to put inbetween. (I don't know whether there would have been one originally) ???

Now for a close up of a tray:

Each tray has 5 spaces for klickies, 4 spaces for small accessories, and 3 spaces for larger accessories. There are small cut outs at the top of each tray to give space for the carry handle fixings, enabling the trays to only fit in one way.

I have thrown a few bits in to show how it can be organised.

These cases also came in orange with black trays and also a lower, wider red version with white trays. This however is my favourite out of the three as it is the only one out of the three that has a klickie on the front. Various newer design ones are also available.

It could possibly do with more spaces for klickies (if you don't want to put them in the other compartments) and the 5 there are in each tray seem a little too large, but in all it has ample space and makes a wonderful addition to any Playmobil collection

Damo :)

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
Re: Collectors case review
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 18:00:30 »
Very cool,
Thanks for the review Damo. :)
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 18:11:47 »
Hey this is fantastic!!! Did you find this in ebay Damo???

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 18:16:51 »
Hey this is fantastic!!! Did you find this in ebay Damo???

Yes - and for 99p! <:>

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 19:31:24 »
very nice i have never seen it!!!!!
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 21:18:39 »
An excellent review, Damo, and a great bargain.   :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 21:57:25 »
A great review Damo, I have never seen one of these before, thank you for showing it.

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 22:49:39 »
Must be quite old ... late 70s perhaps ??? :)
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 01:15:23 »
Thanks for the very impressive item & review, Damo! Do you know if it originally came with any Klicky's, or was available empty, so you could outfit it with ones of your choice ????
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 01:52:17 »
Nice review Damo, thank you! I have never seen one of these before (but then, I don't get out much).  :wave: