Author Topic: I confess  (Read 3059 times)

Offline aleon

• Playmo Enthusiast
I confess
« on: February 03, 2009, 15:35:28 »
... I  love loookig for items in ebay.
I win some and I lose many , but I always think that the item will be in ebay any other time. Maybe more expensive but all come back to ebay...

well not all come back... I remember some of my lost item that I never have seen again...

here, 4 screwups of a newby:

1.- Maybe 2 years ago. I saw an old keychain. It was a 3375 (http://www.collectobil.com/catalogue/items/3375.htm). A buy it now option of 20 euros maybe. In that time I did not collect keychains, but I thought It was nice for my knights collection. But I was not sure if it was a fake and then I wrote to some friends for ask about a 3375 keychain. When I decided to get it (5 hours later) the keychain was sold!! :( Now I  am sure it was real

2.- I see some old klickys. the description say they are playmobil prototypes. But for me they are like chinesse false toys... I did not bought them and one year after I see them in the Felicitas Bachmann's playmobil history book (page 40) :( I am not sure what are them, but those items are now in a friend collector house ... He gets them really very cheapy :(

3.- not many time ago, I see a klicky signed for Hans Beck. I am not a mythomaniac, and I don't bid for him. but now I have read the topic of his death.. and I  remember that klicky. I think Eddy has it.

4.- Some time ago, David (warrensde) sold some American War of Independence customs.
These ones: http://www.justforklicks.com/j4k/gallery/warrensde/awi/awi.html
I could not bid for the firsts and after I decided to wait until he puts my favorite one in ebay again. But he never made more for ebay and then I did not got any. I wrote some time after, but now he is retired and he doesn't enjoy making more.

well, do you have any story ?

PS: Sorry for my english  8}

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: I confess
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 15:56:47 »
I'm afraid I can't get it through my head that they will reappear again if I don't win them! It's like the elusive 3526 Playmobil fire engine in this country! If it ever shows up, it goes for an unbelievable price because of its rarity here, especially if MIB! I have seen them listed as EUC on the German eBay quite frequently, but considering shipping costs, bidding wars, language barriers, sellers not wanting to ship overseas, & poor pictures not showing the items true condition, it's not very practical to pursue as used! MIB however is considered another matter but seems to never happen  :(!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 17:15:13 by Bill Blackhurst »
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 17:07:09 »
I'm coming more to the conclusion that Playmobil may re-release items I missed but still want, or release something so similar that it will do instead. Happily I will never be able to have a "complete" collection, nor is that why I collect in the first place, so rarity is not a factor in my buying decision.

eBay have increased their seller fees recently I understand, making it even less useful as a place for intermittent sellers to
offload their spare stuff. We're in the process of clearign out old junk during a major sprign clean, and if we list an item for 99p and it sells for 99p, we might see 40p of that as actual profit.

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 18:47:10 »
I am more like you, Aleon.
If I can't win it today, I will get it another day. As I did today with my interior of the Saloon.
I must say that mostly, in the end, I get what I want. Might have to wait a while for it though. Although I must admit that I did go for silly prices when I wanted to last few klickies for my Specials serie ...

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 03:22:01 »
I am more like you, Aleon.
If I can't win it today, I will get it another day. As I did today with my interior of the Saloon.
I must say that mostly, in the end, I get what I want. Might have to wait a while for it though. Although I must admit that I did go for silly prices when I wanted to last few klickies for my Specials serie ...

I am more like you, Bogro. I do not worry about what got away as they will usually come around again. Although I admit I really stretched like you to get those few figures I really really wanted (plus the Christmas sets)!

As for selling items, I agree with Martin for me it has been more about getting rid of items than selling to make money, eBay's fee structure is fairly brutal to small $ sellers.

Gepetto

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 04:23:41 »
So i guess this is a confessional as to what we wished to buy but did not put in the effort to win ?

I am not a die hard collector and i guess if the set goes to some absurd price i will let it go  :wave:

I could understand some have some very complete Themes and need that last missing set and are willing to spend any amount of money and effort to get it . I see no problem with this and i can understand the need for completion its just i really do not care that much . There are a few sets in the early stages i did overpay for like a incomplete Merry Mens or once in a store i found 2 perfect 3666's . Yes i paid too much but over the years i have learned what to do and what not to do . I feel i have made up for my mistakes and now I can feel a little more confident in my shopping. 

I really can not recall too many Missed Gems . In the US we do not see many of the Super Rare items , we do get super bargains and i have missed many and had many  ;)

Right now i seem to have a bigger problem with parts from DS  :-\ My list grows faster than i can peck away at it , and so many out of stock's
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline highlandcattle

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 07:41:55 »
Sometimes I can wast a whole day, surfing on ebay. The two things I like the most are trains and steck houses.
But I rarely ever buy stuff at "full" price. Before christmass there were lot's of steck houses for sale but now the suply on ebay.be seems to have run dry

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 12:15:08 »
well aleon, my "gem" (as rasputin puts it), a nib 3550, came back last summer.  :love:
like you, i always thought, after loosing auctions on this otem for about 4 years, that it would come back.  :yup:
but i also thougt that i should have bought the first one i saw on ebay because every time another one reappeared it was always much more expensive.  :hmm:
but patience paid back and i finally "caught" one form a french seller that "forgot" to put it available for the international ebay in a month (august) when everybody was on vacations.  ;)
it costed me 127 euros.
i was so happy then that i decide do keep an image of my "victory".
now, i am adding some pieces to it - i had an idea to offer my klickies some presents this christmas and i am still doing it trying to get "historically" correct pieces for the bigger boats.
it's funny that you should mention the 3375 set - i am trying to get the double green inkwell that comes with it to add to my 3550...
it's prooving a bit difficult but, if i find a 3375 keychain in my searchs i will let you know aleon.  :)
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 07:28:02 »
Hi Cachalote,

are you still interested in that green double inkwell. I happen to have one spare (or rather; Saskia had one spare and I remembered that you wanted one).

Still interested?

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 03:17:37 »
My confession is this: :) :) :)

(Playmofriends keep sending me stuff! ;D )

I'm very thankful. Have lots of stories to photograph. Don't have everything I'm after, all right, but, I admit: I'm stopping saying, 'cause I'm getting a bit awkward about receiving gifts ... :-[

I'm flattered, actually, but the fact is that I need to make money, you know? This is really bad, in my life :(

(Changed jobs, back in January, and it's been tough days! ...)

(And not because of world crisis ... It's because the business is very small, all right. I have to fight to become something, and it's one tough day after the other, one tough situation after the other. But hope is there, in the end of the dark tunnel, as a tiny light ... ::) )~

I'm working in a DS order, to be made through a playmofriend who offered to do so to me, but I'll have to save a lot of money to send it. Specially because I need one particular set, that I can get in Brasilian stores, at least for now and, I believe, still for about a year or so ...

Gus
:blackhair:
Gus
:blackhair: