Author Topic: Pynedor's Playmobil  (Read 73484 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Pynedor's Playmobil Purchases
« Reply #350 on: July 24, 2016, 19:01:23 »
The picture may make it look a bit better than it is, but one eye is about at the edge of the mouth, and the other eye is nowhere close to lined up with the edge of the mouth. :-\

The only acceptable solution to the printed head problem that I've found is to replace all of them with moulded ones. :lol: Even ones that aren't off-centred usually look bad.

It is a shame, that they moved to this cheap painted ones. Especially cause printing quality has been steadily decreasing for years :(

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: Pynedor's Playmobil
« Reply #351 on: December 06, 2016, 18:42:14 »
I've had some time to put a few more figures together (some fully-armoured knights this time).

First, I tried using the new Super 4 pauldrons for these two knights:

I really like the new pauldrons. I'll probably try to find some without the lion printing (especially for the knight on the left). I could take the printing off of some, but I'd rather not in case I find a better use for them.

I also made this white knight, a lot of the parts for whom came from DuoPacks 5166 and 6847. The one thing that I might change is to give him a silver swordbelt instead of the white one.

~Pynedor~

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #352 on: December 06, 2016, 20:06:59 »
Great stuff. I'd say definitely a silver belt on that guy.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #353 on: December 06, 2016, 21:21:02 »
Great ones!

I really like the new pauldrons. I'll probably try to find some without the lion printing (especially for the knight on the left). I could take the printing off of some, but I'd rather not in case I find a better use for them.

Better not clean them - they cost a fortune, compared with the non printed ones...

I also made this white knight, a lot of the parts for whom came from DuoPacks 5166 and 6847. The one thing that I might change is to give him a silver swordbelt instead of the white one.

Agree on the belt!

I really wish he'd have the older knight legs... so so rare in white  :'(

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #354 on: December 06, 2016, 22:47:28 »
Great stuff.

Thanks!

Great ones!

Better not clean them - they cost a fortune, compared with the non printed ones...

Thanks! And yes, I'll wait until I find some plain ones. :)

I'd say definitely a silver belt on that guy.

Agree on the belt!

I'm starting to think that too. I was trying to find another use for the white belts. :lol:

I really wish he'd have the older knight legs... so so rare in white  :'(

Aha, well, I know how you feel about these legs. :lol: I'll have to try the older ones when I try the other belt.
~Pynedor~

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
« Reply #355 on: December 07, 2016, 17:21:41 »
I like them!! Especially this one with the shield on his back!! He looks great!

George. :)
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #356 on: December 16, 2016, 19:10:26 »
Great stuff, the white knight looks fab!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #357 on: January 09, 2017, 23:24:55 »
very neat looking knights !!!!
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #358 on: December 04, 2021, 17:03:48 »
Hey, everyone! It has been a few years since I've posted here regularly. I'm happy to be back and to talk with all of you again! I just spent a few hours reading through all of the great posts that I've missed. :)

Since this thread is about my collection, I'll also note that I've definitely not stopped collecting Playmobil and have increased the size of my collection by quite a lot over the last few years. Many of my new purchases have remained unopened though, since I haven't had as much time lately to open them or to make many custom figures. In a way, I suppose I've started to become more of a collector of unopened new sets. That doesn't mean that I don't open or plan to open them, but I usually only open a set when I have at least two of the same one. Recently, I purchased two more copies of my first set - Set 5792, the Blue Knight Playmobil Pal. I don't plan to open them, because I already opened my first one, which started all of this!

I've missed you all, and I look forward to posting here again! :D
~Pynedor~

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #359 on: December 04, 2021, 17:39:13 »
Welcome back Pynedor!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)