Author Topic: 4223 ambulance car (Notarzt)  (Read 6234 times)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: 4223 ambulance car (Notarzt)
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 02:22:43 »

Thanks for a great review, Gordon!

And, also thanks for pointing out that the Playmobil vehicle is based upon the now discontinued VW Passat wagon.

I just looked at the prices from Playmobil USA. The Ambulance version is listed at $26.99 USD and the Police version is listed at $34.99 USD. Big difference in price for what appears to be only an additional Klicky (and a few minor accessories) with the Police version.

Thanks again and all the best,
Richard

see attachments

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 05:26:05 »
thank you gordon for the great review.  i had decided against buying this unit, as it seemed more on the rescue side of things than the transport of a patient, which is what we would see pulling into the ER and i am trying to limit my purchasing.  i like what you have done to make it a better equipped rescue vehicle, love the rescue backpack.  actually, you could probably replace your blood bag with another blue saline bag as i believe blood is very unlikely to be given in the field because of type and crossmatch inability plus, lack of proper storage.  as you know, there are several universal volume replacement fluids that can be given on first response, until further type and cross is done.
thanks again.  kaethe

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 05:44:29 »
Thanks, kaethe, for the suggestion - I'll follow that up. 

This particular type of vehicle is originally a German concept, with a qualified doctor turning out with (or rendezvousing with) the ambulance to respond to a medical emergency or an accident.  There's a thread somewhere which discusses this and I'll try and find it for you.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2009, 06:06:17 »
thank you for the link gordon, that was very interesting, as we have nothing like that in the states.  once again, everything i know about rescue, especially international, i have pf to thank.
kaethe

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2009, 07:30:43 »
Thanks for the great review, Gordon. It is a wonderfull vehicle.

Tristan has the Police-car and my only problem with the car is that it's quite difficult to get the driver in. There isn't much room to manouvre and to get him to hold the steering wheel with two hands is quite tricky. Specially when you're a 3 or 6 year old kid  ;)

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2009, 08:40:24 »
Thanks for the great review, Gordon. It is a wonderfull vehicle.

Tristan has the Police-car and my only problem with the car is that it's quite difficult to get the driver in. There isn't much room to manouvre and to get him to hold the steering wheel with two hands is quite tricky. Specially when you're a 3 or 6 year old kid  ;)

Bogro

Thank you, Mark.  It's also quite difficult getting the driver in and holding the wheel when you're a 65 year old, believe me!

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2009, 15:34:53 »
Great review, Playmofire. :wow:

That is a nice looking vehicle, and from the excellent work I have seen
from you, this will be another beautiful piece of fire equipment!

Well done,
Jimbo

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009, 19:05:47 »
Thank you, Jimbo. 

Here are the photos I promised of the doctor figure which comes with the car.  (In fact, he does appear in three pictures, but these are close-ups.)  He is correctly dressed in high visibility jacket and trousers, although the colour is maybe a little too much on the orange side as the pictures I've seen of doctors on notarzt vehicles have them in red.  Nonetheless, the overall result is very businesslike and realistic.

Offline Walts-Trains

• Playmo Lover
    • Walts Playm0bil Collection
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2009, 19:37:48 »
Gordon,
I was looking for an extra car to put near the road scene, so when I read your comments last night I thought that would be nice going to the burning house.
So I have got mine out and it will be on the layout at Stroud on June 27 & 28.
Thanks for the help
Walter