Author Topic: 7380 & 7381 d.s. pirate sets  (Read 2743 times)

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
7380 & 7381 d.s. pirate sets
« on: February 18, 2009, 22:39:38 »
nothing interely new here.

the 7380 pirate, although quite similar (in its red&black colors) to a lot of the mos recent pirates releases, is actually different from them all.
his skin is light brown and he has no shoes.

in the 7381 set, one of the pirates (the one in the middle) is the same as the 4662 pirat einauge (2007).
the bearded one is a variation on one of the pirates from the 4291 riesenkrake mit floss (2007) - same torso, everything else different.
the strange pirate/piratesse on the left looks quite new though.
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: 7380 & 7381 d.s. pirate sets
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 02:09:02 »
The one on top looks great except for that necklace . Playmobil makes some great color schemes and then they throw this strange looking print to throw it off . Now I need to remove the police belt print and maybe the fireman "Playmobil " logo and not this  :hissyfit:  Just my opinion  :P

Thanks for sharing the pictures . I will still get them  ;D
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
Re: 7380 & 7381 d.s. pirate sets
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 08:13:11 »
I thought about getting these sets with a recent order of Maasai and Cossacks, but they just weren't different enough from what I already have. Of course if I was a fanatical Pirate collector that would cut no ice.

The bald pirate is the one I don't have something very similar to and would get if he was on his own, but the guy in the middle I have several of in various guises, and it's a cop out for Playmo to include him entirely unchanged. I agree with Ras that the skull chain just looks silly, and combined with the Mexican waistcoat, this pirate is more comedic than piratical to my eye. There have been much better pirate captains over the years.

Pirates are very easy to customise, and I have enough to crew my ships. I might yet weaken and get these ones, but they'd probably be used for customs.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 08:20:54 by Martin Milner »