Author Topic: 3283 Space theme classic  (Read 10545 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: 3283 Space theme classic
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 16:25:26 »
That seems quite clear to me ...
a yellow native lifeform made a false move and was snapped up by a Venus-mantrap. These two black gnomes are muttering to each other something like
"serves him right for perstering us ... he knows we were only figurants in 'the empire strikes back' and that we didn't meet Duck Dodgers" ...

But that's my own interpretation   

Bogro

Hi Bogro    :lol:

That is about what my kids played out also except the yellow Klicky was the boss full of greed and tried to steel the diamond. So his false move was to grab the jewel, triggering the trap . Then all the Star Wars muttering  :lol:

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline highlandcattle

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2010, 18:03:07 »
I love this set, it is a one of a kind that just looks really good. The dwarfs are amazing but so is the rest of the set, I just love it. I'll hope that I can localise it one day.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2010, 18:07:24 »
I like the odd contents of this set for sure, Ras! The unique parts of this whole series was truly a step outside of the box (no pun intended) for Playmobil @ that time!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2010, 19:12:26 »

A GREAT SET and A GREAT REVIEW, RAS !!! ...  :wow:

Looks like I need to go back and post some more pictures for my last review ...  :-[

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2010, 19:13:49 »
Iv'e never seen this set before - was it a US exclusive?

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2010, 19:32:52 »
I thought the little Black Men were the bosses, and the big leaf plant thing was birthing the big alien, fully formed, to act as their warrior (and cannon fodder).

It's a weird set, and maybe a bit more explanation from Playmo as to what it was supposed to be would have helped it sell. I have parts from this set, but certainly couldn't assemble a full one as nice as Ras's.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2010, 20:38:53 »
Iv'e never seen this set before - was it a US exclusive?

Its title was Alien Prison Pod, & it wasn't a US exclusive that I know of! It was introduced in 2001 through 2002 along with other alien martian sets. It was like the present ghost pirate series, & wasn't available very long due to unpopularity :(! These sets were very unusual for Playmobil to produce in my opinion, & seemed to be a test market to see how they would be accepted, which they weren't, & production was prematurely discontinued :hmm:.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 20:44:09 by Bill Blackhurst »
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2010, 20:59:14 »

Its title was Alien Prison Pod, & it wasn't a US exclusive that I know of! It was introduced in 2001 through 2002 along with other alien martian sets.

I loved these sets, Bill.

And, was very sorry to see them discontinued.

I think that there were six sets in all.

And, since a picture is worth ... I've attached an image of each ... :)

see attachments

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2010, 21:00:25 »

Final three ...

see attachments

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2010, 21:11:16 »
Hi  :wave:

And do not forget the versatility of the large space station set. I was able in the last year to pick up maybe 3 more for under $30/each  <:> It is still to this day an unpopular set. We have a fun time creating strange things out of the parts.

This is one thing we made and it is hanging in the office. The picture is not upside down

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: