Author Topic: An odd tree  (Read 5824 times)

Offline macgayver

• MrPainterElf
  • Playmo Addict
  • www.macgayverplaymobil.be
    • Macgayverplaymobil
Re: An odd tree
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2009, 16:38:15 »
wonderfull pictures

brings back old memories

thank you for sharing

Michael
One picture say's more then a thousand words ;)

Offline gloobey

• Playmo Fanatic
    • My Illustration Website
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2009, 22:52:35 »
Thanks for doing the research Pingo, I think you're correct about the smaller roof piece.

You might be right about the bigger roof section Indianna. I'm keeping my eyes out for this one, though. It makes a nice train shed. Plus, I really enjoy finding a new Steck part that I didn't know existed :-)
What's the point of going, if you can't get there on a train?

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2009, 15:56:08 »
. . . I use the wafer houses on my train layout wherever I have a row of building against the wall. It does save space and hides the wall at the same time. . .

That is a great point - I was too quick to call this method of building "freaky" - I actually kind of like the way they look.  Plus, with this method one can construct more buildings with fewer sets since the side walls become available for use as extra floors or in other buildings.
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline gloobey

• Playmo Fanatic
    • My Illustration Website
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2009, 17:05:30 »
Yes, it's a great technique for making your parts go farther. This is something that scale train modelers do when they are working in a confined space.

It's also possible to strategically place mirrors behind the buildings (up against the wall) to create a false sense of depth. It's great for attic layouts. I'm currently building one in a similar space. I'll take some pics when I get closer to finishing.
What's the point of going, if you can't get there on a train?

Online Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2009, 00:58:48 »
There sure was some great possibilities with Stecks . I would like to know what the guy on the roof is up to . If he is a chimney sweep he seems to have lost his chimney  :hmm:

Thanks for the pictures  :wow:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: