Author Topic: Aberrant printing?  (Read 1726 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Aberrant printing?
« on: February 10, 2012, 09:57:43 »
Can anyone help? Is this Klicky just an aberrant printing job? He looks just like the farm worker 30 00 8840 - Farm worker, plaid shirt, yellow vest except for the purple plaid stripes (not red and blue). Or is he a different klicky altogether? Sorry for blurry photo!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
Re: Aberrant printing?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 13:55:20 »
The purple plaid does exist, on this fellow: 30 00 5960 - Man, purple plaid shirt and vest

(I know, I know, his printing is not marked. I searched for "plaid" to find him.) My photo of the farm worker (good job on the link, by the way) has no beard-stubble like yours, either, but squinting at the box-photo for his set, 3929 - Harvester, makes me think he ought to have it. So maybe my photo's not accurate either.

Conclusion: none yet, but suspecting a hybrid. Anyone else?
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 13:57:47 »
No, I definitely have a clicky with this printing. I believe he came with the log cabin set.... yep:5918 - Log Cabin. Different vest and all of course, but he could be a custom, or this same torso and arms could have come in more than one set I guess. Anyway, this color does exist.

Heather, I'll look and see if I have instructions for this too, as it appears you need them. Though they are probably exactly the same as the older version.

----edit----

I was typing at the same time as heather!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 14:19:56 »
5918 - Log Cabin, yes please! Uh oh, it's not on the Wishlist under "List of newly updated sets", that's not good - there may be others too. Sets drop off when they get too old, unless I renew them.

PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 14:32:07 »
Ok, after looking through my instructions, I don't seem to have it anymore. Back when I got this set, I wasn't very organized with storing instructions, so it may have been lost or thrown away. Good news is, I am looking to buy at least one more of these if I can find a good price, so I may have them again, if someone else doesn't get it to you first. And I now neatly file all my instructions so I won't lose them again. ;D
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 15:34:12 »
Thanks both for your help- I am sure this is a custom job (along with several others from the same source), so I will do some surgery (elastic band method) to restore him to something like original- if I can find his other bits. I thought his arms and torso were pale blue, which is why I didn't find him in playmoDB ('plaid' on arm printing didn't work of course). I don't have any instructions either I'm afraid.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tenni

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 23:27:30 »
He is indeed from 5918. I have the instructions and would be happy to provide info from them if you need it!

Cheers,
tenni
 :wave:

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 03:04:50 »
He is indeed from 5918. I have the instructions and would be happy to provide info from them if you need it!

Cheers,
tenni
 :wave:

PM in your box, tenni.

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 15:49:49 »
xxx