Author Topic: Playmo-exposition in Templeuve, France on Sat. 3 & Sun. 4 November  (Read 4311 times)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Re: Playmo-exposition in Templeuve, France on Sat. 3 & Sun. 4 November
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, 22:08:49 »
@ Hadoque: We didn't see you guys - no surprise there, since there were so many people!

Brubil and I arrived saturday around 15h00, which was somewhat later then planned
(my fault; I wasn't ready in time to hit the road due to one of my cats having been sick all over the floor... ::) )
As we know several of the expositioners and sellers , we were able to stay till after closure, to take more pictures when all other visotors when gone and talk some more with the expositioners.
Original plan was to travel back to Flanders in the evening, but we decided to look for a hotel and stay the night so we would have a day extra. :yippee:

So, we arrived again at the expostion today Sunday at noon and we stayed till 17h00. It was even more crowdy then on Saturday  8} , so I did less diorama-viewing/taking pics then on saturday and spend more time talking with several mostly French and German people.
It was great to see folks again after several years , and to get to know others in person who I sofar had only encountered on the forums and/or bought from on ebay.  8-)

I just noticed a few secs ago that Playmofrankjohn has put up a link to many pics he took, and I think he covered pretty everthing that was to be seen on the event...
I'll check if I have additional good pics which are worthwhile to add.

All in all, I had 2 great days and it was very worthwhile!! :) :) :)
 I'm very happy to have seen f.e. Michael's ''Versailles'', Jean-Mi's ''Big Ben'' and Nicolas' "HMS Victory'' (wich was in première) with my own eyes from close up!! :lens: :rock: :camera:
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 22:16:55 by Hadoque »

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 22:42:16 »
Here are some first pics of me breaking in into Macgayver's VERSAILLES....  and I didn't get caught  ;D
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 23:32:27 by Hadoque »

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 23:11:48 »
Ooh, very sneaky! :lol:
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 23:29:13 »
Ooh, very sneaky! :lol:

I also succeeded in boarding & commandeering a *small* ship called HMS VICTORY... :lol:

This huge trimaster with 3 gundecks is based on British Admiral Nelson's flagship from the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805, and is made and owned by the french customizer NICOLAS DUFAYE. It was the first time he put this ship on display for the public.

I'll start a dedicated thread with more pics about this ship one of the next days...

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 01:09:10 »
wow, thank you for the pictures  :o
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2012, 02:11:57 »
Those are amazing creations, thank you for the photos.
kaethe

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2012, 04:40:33 »
That is hilarious. You are quite sly, Hadoque. :lol:
~Pynedor~

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2012, 11:34:07 »
Many thanks for the pictures. Wonderful creations indeed. :love:

George.
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2012, 18:51:38 »
Haha, brilliant, your avatar showing up in the diorama's  ;D

I can't believe Sunday was even more crowded - we kinda fled on Saterday to get away from it all. We saw a child running off with a clicky from the big ship twice in a row. I don't know how they managed to keep their diorama's intact with so many people huddling over them.

Must have been fantastic to stay around after the sea of raging children had ebbed.

(sorry to hear about your cat's little problem  ;))

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 20:37:40 »
Haha, brilliant, your avatar showing up in the diorama's  ;D

I can't believe Sunday was even more crowded - we kinda fled on Saterday to get away from it all. We saw a child running off with a clicky from the big ship twice in a row. I don't know how they managed to keep their diorama's intact with so many people huddling over them.

Must have been fantastic to stay around after the sea of raging children had ebbed.

Really, parents let their kids run off with klickies  :hmm: At the show we did this year there were just under 10,000 people and not a single thing went missing. I did let some kids play with stuff and re-arrange areas but it never was a problem. I had an autistic kid who really was beyond interested in it all and I let him have some things but is was a bit uncomfortable as his mom felt that I was annoyed when that is just how I always am  :lol:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: