Author Topic: introduce myself  (Read 9586 times)

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
Re: introduce myself
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2006, 17:29:06 »
Welcome Rob!  :wave:

In a box in my mom's garage there are some Playmobil Arabs from Antex (I believe - we bought them in Argentina, and I do not remember if they are Antex or "pure" Playmobil). I am not sure exactly what is there as they belong to my brother. I am currently negotiating to try to get my hand son them - but my brother and I, well let's just say we don't exactly get along as brothers should. :(

BUt I do have some old Timpo Arabs and French Foreign Legion from their swoppets line - Have you ever seen these or these?
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline arab warrior

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2006, 06:06:05 »
Hi Henry,

Me and my brother didn't get along either as kids as well.
I solved the problem about the playmobil we shared together by just picking everything up from the attic and took it home.

Don't know those figures you showed me, only figures i know from that sort of toy are knights, but thanks for the pictures.
It seems that light blue is appropriate for the Bedouins.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2006, 12:42:05 »
Hello, Arab Warrior ...

I thought that you might enjoy seeing this foto that was also on the Playmobil set 3415 box.

All the best, Rob,
Richard

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2006, 04:54:54 »
This was one of the WBritains Arab sets, but my favourite was their "Arabs of the Desert" with camels and palm trees.

You know, I'm going to have to dig out my grandfather's 'toy soldiers' ... I think those might have been part of his set.
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2006, 05:18:09 »
You know, I'm going to have to dig out my grandfather's 'toy soldiers' ... I think those might have been part of his set.

If you find them, Mal, you might want to post a photo in the PFZ  ...

There are several toy soldier enthusiasts in the forum who may be able to help you identify your grandfather's toy soldiers. They may even be able give you an idea of what they might be worth.

All the best,
Richard

Offline Corkskrew

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2006, 11:46:24 »
Hi from Malta!

I live in the Netherlands, you know that stubborn little country wich seems to have their own set of rules.
Every country seems to have its own set of rules. Holland is a great country!

Arabs... i'm 'working' on that right now. My Maltese knights biggest enemies were the turks, so making a few small armies. There's some good parts for customising, yet not easy to come by.