Author Topic: intro  (Read 5314 times)

Offline playmogirl

• Playmo Enthusiast
intro
« on: March 21, 2007, 16:43:01 »
HI, a quick intro before I post a question on another part of the board! I am a 43 yo mom of 4 and we LOVE playmobil! :yup:

We have interest in a number of themes: zoo, pirate, castle, viking, adventure, police and rescue, victorian, Indians & civil war & western, and of course ROMANS, and I may have forgotten something. We have 3 castles, 2 old ones and the Eagle, and a Barbarian castle expected this week. We have the red corsair, that I need to get some parts for, the Skull ship that I haven't even opened yet, and today I got a 3750 that I'll be asking questions about. Have preordered all the Roman stuff but won't get it til August  :( though I have gotten some figures from the theme. Got a 4659 the other day but would like another 11 or so!  We have the Victorian doll house, the smaller one with the extra floor, it is so nice.

Anyway I have been lurking here for awhile, finally had to sign up so I could see the pictures. Have gone to some member web sites, and they are SO exciting. The amount of time and money that have gone into some of your collections are impressive!!!

Oh I should note, last summer I was so tired of my kids not keeping the sets together, loosing parts etc, that I sold 99% of our playmo! Then my little boy, who is now 6, started telling me how much he missed it, so I started getting some of it back, and well, now we have a LOT.  I try to keep the themes in separate bins. Of course last night there was a princess flying a plane full of knights!!!  But I do try  :D  I just opened up our airport and plane last night. Oh we have the big grocery store too.  Yeah I have spent a lot on playmo the last 6 or 7 months.

What can I say, we love playmo!!!

Anne

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: intro
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 18:35:41 »

What can I say, we love playmo!!!

Anne

That's the good news and the bad news for most of us who are also addicted to our Klickys!

Hello, Anne ...

And, a BIG welcome to playmofriends from the warm and beautiful United States Virgin Islands!

After reading your introduction, it would seem that you have come to the right place ... :)

Looking forward to seeing a lot of you here at PF!

All the best,
Richard

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 19:16:20 »
Hi Playmogirl,

Welcome to Playmofriends.

Garry.
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 19:35:15 »
Welcome, Anne, and the whole point of Playmo is for kids to mix it up! ;D
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline arab warrior

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 20:01:36 »
Hi Anne,

Welcome here.
I know, playmobil and kids don't mix together ;)
Rob

Offline playmogirl

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 20:37:45 »
You don't mean to imply that these are toys for CHILDREN, do you??? I am aghast.

Actually that's my cover....tell my husband I'm buying them for the KIDS don't you know... fortunately the youngest is just 1 so I have a lot of years left in which to use that excuse!!!  :lol: :lol:

Anne 

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 20:41:19 »
We've no children, only a large cat so I buy them for myself.  My wife says I'm the equivalent of 31 and a half 2 year olds, from which you can work out my age. :)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 22:15:21 »
Hi Anne! :wave:

Lovely to meet you and to hear about how much you and your kids love Playmo! :D

I started off buying the sets just for my children (at least, that's what I used to tell myself ;)), but within a short time started my own separate collection. Have never looked back. ;D

The princess flying the plane full of knights sounds like fun! Maybe you'll share some photos with us one day?

I'm sure you will enjoy yourself here. Thanks for the intro! :)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 03:41:31 »
Be welcome from the South of Germany  :wave:

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 18:08:32 »
Hello from Belgium!  :wave:

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!