Author Topic: A shade of red...  (Read 1741 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
A shade of red...
« on: October 12, 2011, 16:40:59 »
Ok, I'm either in a bad mood, or I go through a dry imagination season or I cant tell colours  :-[  :'( ... Please, anyone who is willing to help, have a look at the next pic:

How do you describe the red colour on the pair of legs? Its from the k4811 - Wolf Knight Leader, black hair, red trousers and its the same red as the torso from 30 13 0470 - Siege Commander the reversed torso is just there to give you the idea that the legs are a darker red than the regular red playmobil uses... And the final milion-euro question (which no, I don't have to give  :-[) is: Do you know of a torso that is the same red colour as these pair of legs?

Thank you for your help and trouble in advance  :)

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
Re: A shade of red...
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 16:54:36 »
i have both these legs and the siege commander... and in person they look like the same maroon color...  :)

there is a pirate captain with the same color torso as well... and the blue mystery fi?ure knight has the same color underneath for torso and arms
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 17:02:24 »
i have both these legs and the siege commander... and in person they look like the same maroon color...  :)

there is a pirate captain with the same color torso as well... and the blue mystery fi?ure knight has the same color underneath for torso and arms

Thank you Baron Marshall!!  :wow: :wow: :wow: I had totally forgotten the blue knight!!! I cant believe I was busting my head and the answer was right there in front of me  :doh:  ... literary... as I have him on my hobby bench

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 17:42:06 »
I'd say they were red-brown or brown-red.  They certainly aren't  a pure red.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 17:47:49 »
Good thing I didn't help, see no difference whatsoever. ??? ???
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 18:19:19 »
This dark red I call Burgundy. The mongol warrior has a torso matching this shade. The burgundy knight from the christmas egg too, but he has a Silver printing on top (and his armored arms are just...magnificent!)
A.
Life in the so called space age...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 18:24:27 »
This dark red I call Burgundy. The mongol warrior has a torso matching this shade. The burgundy knight from the christmas egg too, but he has a Silver printing on top (and his armored arms are just...magnificent!)
A.

I thought of burgundy too! but burgundy looks more open. I also thought of that easter egg knight but I only have one and treasure him a lot  :love:

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 19:50:43 »
Oh! And the samurai too, has a matching torso! His legs have anthracit armor, though, and an ugly yellow printing I'm always happy to erase. >:D >:D (Don't like the guy a lot...)
A.
Life in the so called space age...

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 01:22:14 »
Good thing I didn't help, see no difference whatsoever. ??? ???

I wish I can see like you do :P then customising would be a lot easier ;D....so many shades of green etc 8}
...isnt it easier for PM to have maybe just 2 shades red/brown/green/blue etc (I bet the kids or their shopping parents wont mind/even notice...ok, I wont talk about LEGO)

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 10:29:08 »
It would be nice if they would just take a box of 16 crayons and say... you know what... we can get all our variety out of these colors... and nothing will look really weird.  :lol: BASIC COLORS HOORAH!!!  ;D
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.