Author Topic: Where to begin..........  (Read 2649 times)

Offline Candrr

• Playmo Pal
Where to begin..........
« on: August 03, 2013, 20:12:50 »

Hey everyone.. I'm a newbie to the whole Playmobil scene.  I recently was given four medium size boxes stuffed with all sorts of playmobil sets, figures and what looks like about a thousand little pieces of all sorts of stuff, LOL.  Of course.. all jumbled up together!!!  Most are about ten years old (I think), and I am at a loss as to how I am going to get it all sorted!  I've got at least 100 figures, and probably about a dozen sets.  I've been researching the playmobil U.S. site and also the collectobil site and have managed to find a few instruction manuals or at least pictures of the set.  I'm really hoping that some of you experienced playmobil enthusiasts may be able to enlighten me on some of the sets/people I have.  My living room and dining area have currently been into playmobil central!

I'm attaching a few pics.  My main goal is to figure out what parts go together with what set as well as what parts are missing :)  For example I have an international jet that seems to be missing it's back wheels.  Hopefully if I can figure out what set, I can look for pictures or instructions for that set.  Let me know if different pictures are needed.  I can take pictures of groups of  people/characters/animals.... Thanks!

Risa

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Where to begin..........
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 20:35:44 »
We need bigger pics, certainly we older ones.   :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Candrr

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 20:49:21 »
It wouldn't let me upload them any bigger... limited to 100KB per pic. I can group the items into smaller groups and try that, but I was trying to get as much as possible into each shot since I am still trying to figure out what goes with what :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 20:54:22 »
They seem smaller than usual, but you can link to sites such as photobucket and show larger photos in your posts.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Candrr

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 21:08:46 »
Thanks, I'll give that a try :)

Offline Candrr

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 21:36:59 »
Ok, I created a photobucket album.  Hopefully this works.  I also included some pictures of the klicky characters I have.  I don't expect identification of them since there are a lot!  If anyone does happen to recognize a few that's great.  My primary concern is getting the sets organized first :) 

http://s332.photobucket.com/user/candrr/library/Playmobil

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 03:13:36 »
Looks like you have some of the polar expedition series, there, one of my favorites! http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/sets.pl?theme=Dinosaur+Expedition&sortby=setnum&focus=all&pics=on

Also, I see the hovercraft from 7491 or 5754.

And one of the old safari sets http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/sets.pl?theme=Adventure%2CSafari&sortby=setnum&focus=all&pics=on and a couple of take-alongs -- 4432 or 5737, the pirate chest, and 5755, the Christmas house.

Do you know about playmodb.org? The site is mostly down at the moment, but it is a wonderful resource for finding what parts belong with what sets.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Candrr

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 03:34:08 »
Thanks Bonnie --- I was just actually going to update that I did manage to put together almost  the entire skeleton excavation site -- very cool, I think my favorite so far.  Do you know if it is difficult to get replacement parts for retired sets?  For example in the skeleton excavation site I seem to be missing the yellow pole that the lights attach to.  And I know I am missing wheels on a lot of the vehicles.  I'm hoping that some are just standard items and easily replaced (fingers crossed, LOL).  But also there are a couple of base fence pieces from the safari set etc.  Looks like I'll be calling playmobil Monday to see what they have and don't have... then I guess there is always ebay :)

Yes I did find the playmodb site, but couldn't seem to get very far in it.  Any idea if it will be back up and fully running any time soon?

Thanks for your input!  Now going to see if I can figure out what the metal cage looking thing I have is (maybe some sort of underwater dive cage??? , also trying to figure out what set all that green fencing goes to!  I have an eight year old son who is helping out, and a three year old son who keeps disappearing with pieces, LOL.

Risa

Risa

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 06:04:07 »
The green fencing is from one of the early Steck farm sets.

The green trailer on the right minus wheels is from a dino set I think.

The blue and white quad bike in the front looks as if it's from the beach patrol set.  If it is, you are just missing the rider probably.

Behind the yellow tent is a bit of Victorian kitchen equipment.

Right at the back to the right of the green and rock base, it looks like the side of a siege tower laid down.

In the front row, third from the right, there is part of the pallet truck from the harbour series.

Sorry I can't be more precise on set numbers at the moment.  I'll get back to you.

Just bottom right in the picture is a red and black jeeo - could be the DS one ut more likely from one of the sets of a jeep and trailer and motor bikes.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 06:10:58 »
Next picture, the white wheels on the extreme right look like jeep ones.  You've got part of the police amphibious vehicle and just in front of it there's a compressor from the construction theme.  (If you're lucky, inside it is a length of hose and a pneumatic drill.)  Just behind it is a sail board from the leisure theme.