Author Topic: Playmobil at NY Toy Fair report  (Read 7496 times)

Offline AgeOwns

• Playmo Fanatic
  • @MillionairePb
    • MillionairePlayboy.com
Playmobil at NY Toy Fair report
« on: February 19, 2014, 05:05:08 »

Playmobil by AgeOwns.com, on Flickr

I just got back home from three days at the 2014 Toy Fair in New York City.
Playmobil at Toy Fair
I took pictures of every set they had.
I also took a lot of video, I'll have my video edited and up in about a week or so.
On my blog page, I embedded a 3D image of one of the dragons. Check it out, all you have to do is wiggle your mouse over it.

Also, I brought along my old Inuit figure with a camera and took him around all the sights in NY.

Let me know what you think of what was on display!

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
Re: Playmobil at NY Toy Fair report
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 05:08:45 »
Thank you for posting your photos!
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline AgeOwns

• Playmo Fanatic
  • @MillionairePb
    • MillionairePlayboy.com
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 14:33:00 »
I'm really looking forward to the parachutists, I think they could be a lot of fun. What are you most looking forward to?

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 15:10:57 »
Thanks for the pictures!

I am looking forward to figures series 6 boys (pirate & highlander) - will be released in Germany in a few days!

Cheers,
HDL

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 20:07:48 »
Thanks for the great report!

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 21:36:05 »
Great photos you even managed to make the Fairies look good although I'm stil not going to get them as they're definately not my sort of thing anyway. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on some of the  Mystery figures the boys in Series 6 look like they'll offer me a lot of temptation with the Highlander, Gladiator and Surfing Santa  :love: being the ones I'm most lookign forward to plus a good Pirate and Judo guy amognst other temptations, I'm also looking forward to some of the Specials like the Genie who should make a good base for an Aladdin custom along with the Arabian mystery figure. I agree about the parachutist was thinking before they released it how it would be a good idea my Action Man parachutist is loads of fun and you'd probably need less height for a Klicky parachutist plus there's less chance of parts breaking like my MA's helmet on a particularly hard crahs landing  :-[. I like the camping photo great choice of figures I love the design of the kid with the bandanna and tshirt and the tents looks like another promising theme along with the Alpine theme and WWF sets thanks again for the review  :)   

Offline Cloud Strife

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 02:11:20 »
That's a great set of pics to click through. 

So excited to get the highlander mystery figure but how does one feel for a Scotsman anyway ;D.  What are the telltale signs through the bag do you think?  Also that black and white nun or medieval lady is awesome, I can never have enough black and white figures.  And the Sri Lankan/Balinese lady, with a little paint the headdress can be a medieval custom I think.

The Alpine sets are really tempting if only so I can make the Toaster Strudel boy custom.  I wonder how the Alpine Lodge would look next to the Steck medieval buildings.  So tempting/

Was it good to visit ToyFair for you?  I went once as somebody's guest and frankly it was quite torturous for me to see the new toys and not be able to get my hands on them RIGHT AWAY!  Of the few virtues I possess patience is the least in evidence.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 05:33:28 »
Excellent report !

Thank you so much for sharing it with us  :)

Karim

PS : I am also very attracted to the Alpine theme  :love:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline AgeOwns

• Playmo Fanatic
  • @MillionairePb
    • MillionairePlayboy.com
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 16:58:04 »
In reply to CloudStrife:
It was a good Toy Fair. I've done this for 11 or 12 years. I took last year off because 2012 was kind of a let down and I had another out-of-town event to shoot a few weeks prior (Miss America pageant).  But I missed it, so I came back.

Out of the entire experience, Playmobil was the best, because, well they're my favorite, but also because it was the only booth that was all new. Every other booth was 30-40% new IF that. Some only had one or two new items. Plus everything else is rehashed and licensed. Playmobil is the only company putting out new and creative product. Maybe that's another reason I love them.

I was disappointed with a lot of aspects. A few years ago at Toy Fair I met Buzz Aldrin and Doctor Ruth, another year I met Howie Mandel, another year Titan from American Gladiators. This year?? The only celeb was Grumpy cat (The real cat) But I did end up with a suitcase full of toys and goodies. And almost every company promised to mail me cool stuff as the year goes on. Yeah, it stinks not getting everything you want right away, but I really liked being a veteran. Most people transfer out or get shifted around by about this time, so I was the old guy on the block heh heh.

Don't get me started on the Lego or Mattel "Nerd Herd" blogger presentations. Those are the death of Toy Fair for me.

Offline Cloud Strife

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 18:28:43 »
AgeOwns, I am glad TF is generally positive for you.  I can't believe you've been doing this for so long.  And Playmobil is holding their end up in putting up a good show!

I saw another TF report in another board about the Star Wars figures coming out and so excited to finally get Toryn Farr this spring.  You know the lady in Empire Strikes Back who says: Stand by ion control...FIRE!