Author Topic: Playmobil prices  (Read 1553 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Playmobil prices
« on: March 26, 2007, 20:06:05 »
As you saw in the review I did of it, I was very impressed with the new Playmobil ambulance and looking at the new rescue helicopter (still in its box) I think I will be equally impressed with that (review soon).  Thinking about these two new items, the prices suddenly struck me - both are £19.99, but the old ambulance (which came without batteries in the light unit, the new one has them) and was an old mould was £30-£35, while the new helicopter was about the same price as the new one.  Playmobil seems to be producing still better models at the same or a lower price.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline surfergirl

• PCC Member
  • Playmo Fanatic
Re: Playmobil prices
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 19:32:07 »
This has to be a good thing though...it just means we can buy more!!

It is still cheaper to buy in Germany though. I find that if you buy a few sets at a time it is cheaper, including shipping, to buy the sets in Germany than to go down the road to your local TRU and buy them there.

I'll grant you, that does not do much good for the local toy shop but the advantage is that you can get things a year early, and for some sets, i am quite impatient (i.e. the fairies!)
I wish I lived in Germany!