Author Topic: what is the set that you are most emotionally attached?  (Read 8201 times)

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
Re: what is the set that you are most emotionally attached?
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2011, 22:09:37 »
I'm attached to every piece I have. I bought a lot of sets from themes I don't collect @50% off so I could sell them later but I can't seem to part with anything at the moment. Lol

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 08:29:18 »
Hmmm not really sure, but I'll have to say the old prison tower!

Same here.It's the first set I bought when I re-discovered Playmobil after a period of finding it "childish"...Still love the metal bell in the tower. :)
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 09:37:52 »
I am emotional most attached also to two sets that I got when I was a kid:
3536 - Space Station
and
3550 - Pirate Ship

With both of them I had so much fun and played uncountable number of hours...  :love:

best,
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 14:55:14 »
There are two significant sets for me:

http://collectobil.com/catalogue/items/3298.htm

This was the first set we bought when we started collecting back in 1992 and as you well now we are still very much interested in the animal theme.

The other set also features some bears:

http://playmodb.org/setpics/3248.jpg

It was the summer 1995 when I had basically given up hope of ever acquiring this set. When lo and behold they still had it in a little toy shop in Porto Vechio, Corse, France where we were on holiday. I was so happy to get it.

Also just before joining here, I bought my first Steck castle (3667), when it arrived it was also the start of something very good :-)

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2011, 01:08:50 »
I'm attached to all of them too, as some said.

However, when I look at them all, 4672 does hold a special place in my heart ... It's the first character in long years of a playmo vacuum. (He came together with the Crusader 4670, but a crusader is a ... Crusader. I'm not a religious guy. I prefer the archer character :P he's more neutral!)
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline Skywalker

• Playmo Master

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2011, 01:27:24 »
As a kid, I should mention this one:
http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showinv.pl?setnum=3546

and as a teen (when I lived in Portugal, in the 1990s), these:
http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showinv.pl?setnum=3054
& http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showinv.pl?setnum=3791

I was naïvely cautious not to have double sets, as a kid and teenager. 3791 was the very first I recall as buying a second box of the same set ... Even so, it wasn't in the same day, possibly not in the same year. I loved the new model of powder gun ... Until then, the only different gun we had was the western Winchester. Then, they began to do new stuff for the pirates too, it was real cool! I also loved the clear glass goblet and the bottle of wine! It's a small set, but very rich one! :love:

:wave:

Gus
Gus

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2011, 09:43:42 »
Easy One. My first Steck CAstel that started it all ... the amazing steck castle 3450  :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:.. I clocked thousands of gamne hours with that set when a kiddo ( and its parts are now part of my medieval set up so the DNA of the very first castle is still present !!! )

3450 commands a lot of respect . At its time i doubt there was a better quality/ impressive toy set
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2011, 14:23:09 »
I really have good memory of this set. This picture (attached) was the one of the box, when I bought it. (Trol did good work with the boxes ... They reproduced geobra's original faithfully.)
Gus

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2011, 14:30:07 »
I remember to have felt real cool when I got this set (3585 (attached)) ... It was unexpected to me, because variety was not very common, even in Portugal (where I got this one, around 1991 or 92).

And the one below (3329) was one of the very few medieval between 1983 and 1993. (It's from 86, I also bought it in 91 or 92.) They reloaded it, later, when the new medievals began to come up, but the one I knew was this old version all right.
Gus