Author Topic: 3245 unusual box front.  (Read 3028 times)

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
3245 unusual box front.
« on: November 06, 2007, 21:42:45 »
It might seem a bit odd that this is another thread about a 3245 stagecoach on the same day here, but I have been keeping quiet about a certain ebay auction and didn't want to attract too much attention to it. ;D

I have been looking for a MISB V1/2 3245 the same as the one Martin has just purchased so I have been paying attention towards all stagecoach auctions. I came across one with a box front image that does not appear in either of the collector guides, so obviously I was curious about it.

I won the auction and now I am waiting for it's arrival to see if the box gives any clues to it's origins. I'm not too sure but I think it could be a Spanish exclusive set, can anybody here give me any more info on it?
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
Re: 3245 unusual box front.
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 10:59:00 »
Very interesting, Sir Gareth.

I picked mine up  partly because the proceeds were going to CRUK - and had bid up to £20, but got it for about £2.50 (plus P&P). They didn't put "stagecoach" in the auction title, which may have hurt the final selling price.

I've posted scans of the other sides of my box in my thread - clearly different to yours.

I like the way they show possible scenarios on the sides of the box, but I think this caused confusion over the actual contents and they ceased this practise.

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 14:33:09 »
The stagecoach arrived very quickly and it is a bit of a mixture of Famobil and Playmobil.

The date on the box is 1984 made in Spain and the image is that of the older Famobil set 3245 complete with the Famobil trade mark on the decal on the back sides of the coach. The figure on the box front has that odd looking Famobil smile, the figure with this set though has the normal looking Playmobil face but has the F on his feet for Famobil. The sticker sheet with it is the usual Playmobil type with the coach number being 7 and not number 2  as shown on the box front.

It's nice that such an unusual set turned up on Ebay UK and so far I haven't found any other site listing this box image for a 3245.

Offline playmoed

• x
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 11:31:52 »
Hi,

Yes, I remember, you outbid me on that one. I also noticed that it had a different cover and that i was not listed in the Collector. I should have put in a higher bid  :'(. Congratulations on this wonderful set, I didn't know it was a Spanish set though. But on and on more Spanish exclusive sets are showing up, I have some myself like the 3912 and the 3122, which aren't listed either. I also recently bought the Famobil castle (new in box) 3446, but it has the Playmobil logo on it, instead of Famobil. This set is not in the Collector yet. Yes, Spain still has some hidden treasures. I also recently got the Playpeople 'Basic Bandit set' which is quite rare to find.

Greetings,

Eddy

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 23:11:09 »
Hi,

Yes, I remember, you outbid me on that one. I also noticed that it had a different cover and that i was not listed in the Collector. I should have put in a higher bid  I also recently got the Playpeople 'Basic Bandit set' which is quite rare to find.

Greetings,

Eddy

Hi Eddy,

Keep looking on Ebay, I will be listing it soon, I was never going to keep it because it wasn't MISB, I was just curious as to where it came from.

Is the Bandits set the same one that I saw on Ebay and started a thread about here in the auctions section?

Offline playmoed

• x
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 12:57:42 »
Hi,

No I got it from a collector from the UK. I haven't seen it on ebay though, maybe he bought it on ebay and sold it to me. Where is your thread about it, I can't find the 'auctions' section on this site.

Kind regards,

Eddy

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 19:24:38 »
Hi Eddy,

try this link to the bandits thread.

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=1682.0

Offline playmoed

• x
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 20:32:32 »
Hi,

It says it's either missing or off topic. Too bad, I would have loved to read about it.
By the way I have around 45 Playpeople sets misb.

Kind regards,

Eddy