Author Topic: Mozart  (Read 4442 times)

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
Mozart
« on: October 13, 2019, 07:41:37 »
The always up-to-date playdalai over at AmClicks reports a new promotional figure: it's none other than W. A. Mozart, produced on behalf of the International Mozarteum Foundation.

No further details are available at the time of writing this post. The wig on its own is to kill for, as far as I'm concerned.

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
Re: Mozart
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 08:08:56 »
Thanks for showing! There has been a - rather confusing - discussion at KW (log-in required) about this figure, apparently first reported in a Salzburg newspaper of October 5th, but I haven't yet seen a picture. He is indeed gorgeous!

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2019, 08:29:30 »
Interesting.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 08:34:00 »
Thanks for sharing, PlaymoCollector! As someone who loves classical music, I would love to have this figure! It looks amazing! I hope someone can organise a group order, unless the figure will be available on the Belgian (and other) Playmobil website, just like Bach's figure.

The wig on its own is to kill for, as far as I'm concerned.

They say it has a little bow printed on the back of the wig!

There has been a - rather confusing - discussion at KW

They seem to be keen on confusing discussions... ;)
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2019, 13:04:56 »
The wig is not only beautiful but also interesting: I don't recall Geobra ever having produced a new part / mould for a commissioned figure. :sherlock: This must have made production more expensive than it otherwise would have been. I wonder for what they will sell ...

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2019, 18:03:10 »
The wig is not only beautiful but also interesting: I don't recall Geobra ever having produced a new part / mould for a commissioned figure. :sherlock:

I would be both surprised and extremely disappointed if this wig were not to show up in any regular sets in the future.

They say it has a little bow printed on the back of the wig!

That sounds like a neat little detail, though I can't quite figure out how it would look, unless the bow is part of the mould.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2019, 18:37:13 »
The planeta series has a Mozart in it, which shows up on ebay for about twenty bucks usually (I got an unpackaged one without violin for much less). That new Mozart looks MUCH better.

"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2019, 18:48:57 »
I would be both surprised and extremely disappointed if this wig were not to show up in any regular sets in the future.

That hope I share. But let's emphasise again that a new mould has been used here - valuable objects as we all know. Other historical figures never involve more than running the machines with existing moulds and then printing some parts with a specially commissioned design - for which just a new bit of software is required, certainly no new machine components. I still find it intriguing.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 18:54:52 by StJohn »

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2019, 19:03:02 »
That hope I share. But let's emphasise again that a new mould has been used here - valuable objects as we all know. Other historical figures never involve more than running the machines with existing moulds and then printing some parts with a specially commissioned design - for which just a new bit of software is required, certainly no new machine components. I still find it intriguing.

It's Mozart after all!
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2019, 19:09:02 »
It's Mozart after all!

That means nothing to the Brandstätters. Bach - yes, perhaps even Brahms. But I cannot believe there is a lot of affection for that catholic in the firm.