Author Topic: More sleeve switches.  (Read 3973 times)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Re: More sleeve switches.
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2012, 10:15:57 »
I got my answer.
Seems like with the high demand and the upcoming Holidays, they decided to use both kind of arm molds to produce certain sets to complete their production. So apparently, both styles are available out there.

I wasn't told the ratio though, so I don't know which kind of arm is rarer.

As a follow-up, I was also told that the sets produced in 2013 should have the proper sleeves.
I don't know if we can assume that the sets that will be released for the International market will sport the same arms as those seen in the catalog pictures.

I had made a remark on the PCC about the arms and I've also received the same answer.
The people at the PCC probably told us what they were told, but I'm not completely convinced the switch between the armstyles is due to "higher demand as expected", as it occured before or at the start of releases of several new sets and not a while after they first became available.  Imho someone just made a mistake when determining the production-quantities of the original arms, or during assembly of the klickies...

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2012, 22:48:09 »
If it was a one time thing fine but the same problem happened with the Romans. Now you can not tell me that producing an arm that has 2 to 3 colors of plastic in a more intricate mold cost the same as a mold that is in great supply (the same are used on 10,000 other klickies) that just needs a simple stamp. The arm with the fancy rolled up 3 dimensional sleeve is a newer mold and I am sure Malta does not have many of them to keep up on demand, sure but that is not my problem and to substitute it for an arm that is an imitation sleeve is not acceptable to me. Get your act together and supply what you advertise. I do not go for advertising similar to how fast food chains have beautiful looking food on the add and when you get your order it looks like someone sat on an old thing they fished out of the garbage. Take it back and give me what you show. If Geobra would facilitate a policy where a collector could turn in the printed arms after the rush season and would give the proper arms, fine, I could live with.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Redmao

• Playmo Lover
  • Playmo adventurer
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2013, 16:38:40 »
Seen at the New York Toyfair, the Playmobil special police trio sporting regular short sleeves instead of the rolled up sleeves like in the Germany released sets...

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/gallery2/album/TF2013-Playmobil/1360643914-106.php