Author Topic: 5864 Take along castle  (Read 8202 times)

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
Re: 5864 Take along castle
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2009, 20:51:42 »
Thats a great take along castle.

baden
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2009, 03:52:35 »
And is the blue pennant really a dark(-ish) blue, to match the colour of the Lion/King's knights? If so, this is something I've hoped for a while would appear: it will make creating banners for custom groups using that shade of blue much easier!

The pennant is a blue similar to the the back sweeping feathers dark blue # 30 07 8070 . The blue on the shield is a different dark blue tone

Now I'll just have to wait for all the part numbers to appear on PlaymoDB... And then send in a parts order that will get me deeper into debt  :P !

I still do not have a scanner to send Heather the info so if you need anything specific just ask
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline GRANT

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2009, 13:22:01 »
I think this is a very nice set. Thank you Rasputin for the review and pics. I'll have to pick one up for my son for future use, seeing that he's only 4 months old right now. I do however think he'll appreciate it down the road.  ;)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2009, 19:55:11 »

Sorry, Ras ...  :-[

I missed your excellent review of a set that I had totally written off and thought that I'd never ever want.

Every time that I saw it in Target and Toys R Us, I thought that it was just a sword and shield for kids to play with. I never even picked it up, so I had no idea that it was anything more than that.

This is a great set !!!

I'm hoping now, that while I'm still in Fort Lauderdale, that my local Target still has one left.

Thanks for doing what Playmobil didn't do with their box design ... let me see that there was a lot more inside than what met the eye.

All the best,
Richard

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2009, 20:09:42 »
Richard , not only does this set have some nice parts do not write off the sword & shield . It is a great marriage counseling tool similar to the father and son boxing gloves  :lol:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2009, 20:20:28 »

After some thought (and years of education and experience) it would seem that, IMO, the wife gets the sword and the husband gets the shield ...  ;D

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2009, 02:56:43 »

After some thought (and years of education and experience) it would seem that, IMO, the wife gets the sword and the husband gets the shield ...  ;D

In my experience the wife gets the sword and the shield!!

Gepetto

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2009, 15:47:45 »
I got one of these recently, and while I'm not mad keen on the shield shaped castle, there are certainly lots of accessories included, and it makes a great playset.

As Andrew said, the blue/yellow quartering on two of the figures is far more realistic than most offerings, and I like them greatly for that reason. The Wolf Knights are a welcome addition to one of my clans, and that round shield is great.

If the accessories from this set were swopped with those from set 5863, there's no doubt what I'd buy, as the castle part in that set is much nicer to my eye, but I prefer these figures.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2009, 16:21:31 »
I got one of these recently, and while I'm not mad keen on the shield shaped castle, there are certainly lots of accessories included, and it makes a great playset.

Although the shield shape is probably quite a sound defensive shape, plenty of curves (I guess Ras will have some comment on this term!  ;) ) which are stronger than angles and no obvious projections to give cover to an attacking force.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2009, 20:03:06 »
Great review and pictures, thanks from Greece. would love to have some of these to add to mediaval collection, these outposts would fit nicely with so many sets i am thinking about , they look perfect and go well with the old castle walls .. nice klickies too, the black hooded one is a very sinister klickie without being over the top as the new flying fantasy klickies etc that i think are too much.. really like the fortifications and the set up , awesome to see this small fortification with the shields and banners !!! will check ebay now, they would look awesome as outposts ..... :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight: