Author Topic: Proposal: PF Jousting League  (Read 9573 times)

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
  • Just say the magic word!
Re: Proposal: PF Jousting League
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2011, 22:42:13 »
Perhaps not experience points, but doing more tournament should logically result in an advantage imho. Perhaps experience should be reflected in acces to better equipment? Not that better equipment should result in a decisive advantage. Perhaps a better shield, armour, etc.

Logistically, someone wanting to host a tournament, should have a copy of all the different knights participating, no? I myself have created a custom for this tournament. Should I mail it around the world in other to participate?
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2011, 23:44:22 »
After the group stage:

*1) Sir Bart: 3 wins, 0 honour, +7 PD
*2) Aziz: 1 win, 0 honour, -2 PD
2) Sir Cecil: 1 win, 0 honour, -2 PD
4) Sir Merriadoc: 1 win, 0 honour, -3 PD

Round of 16: 0 honour
Round of 8: +1 honour
Semi Finals: 0 honour

end result +1 honour!

So yes Ali Baba is correct!

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2011, 00:48:34 »
This is about why Sir Bart is ahead of Aziz in the league standings, yes?
Sir Bart won 3 matches in the the group round and 1 in the bracket giving him 4 wins
Aziz won 1 in the group round and 2 in the bracket giving him 3 wins. At this point the number of wins comes first in determining standings.
This is different from the Winterhaven Jousting results where how far you go in the bracket determines your place.
So Aziz is in third place in the Winterhaven Tournament, but because Bart won more matches over all he is ahead in the league standings right now. If Aziz had won one more match he would be ahead since he has more in points and honor.
Do we want to weight the bracket matches differently than the group ones?

As far as sending around figures, it would depend on if the figure can be created by parts on hand at the host. It's always possible to send the actual figure if you like, but may not be necessary.

I know for the July tournament I will need to get a couple of things from Europe since some of the most recent knights don't come out here until August or later. I will do more on that in a couple of months when I take entries and figure out what I will actually need to have.

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2011, 08:30:55 »
Sorry Tim, but it is not about the place in the rankings. It is simply about the results. Aziz has one honour, but in the list it sais he has none.
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2011, 16:00:58 »
Sorry, my mistake.
The standings are fixed. If anyone finds any other errors please let me know.

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2011, 22:15:39 »
Thanksssssss, the record is straight again.
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2011, 18:51:06 »
Do we have to stick to the heraldry and names used in the Winterhaven tournament?

In my Kingdom of Sweetwater Sir Sigismund is a very minor knight in the scheme of things, he just happens to be the one who went to the tournament to try to earn some cash. There are other knights, nobles and factions in Sweetwater, whose heraldry is remarkably similar (i.e. identical) to those used by other knights in the Winterhaven tournament.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2011, 20:04:07 »
The range of existing Playmo heraldry is too limited to be locking parts away to a single player. I think as long as the knights are clearly different from each other that's enough. We might encourage players to have a Kingdom heraldry that is unique and not a repeat of any existing Playmobil heraldry. Those of us with some art skills would be happy to help out anyone who knows what they want but don't think they can make it happen by themselves. That would allow some continuity regardless of what knight gets sent to compete.

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2011, 23:45:33 »
Custom heraldry has the problem of making the photo shoot at the tournament. How would we go about this...make a large kit with all custom knights that we send around the world, photo shop them (or just the heraldry) in.

I think that within one coaty of arms there is still enough room for variance. As long as it is to distinguish who is who I wouldnt mind overly much.

With the map in place we'll hopefully have very rich background stories so more involvement :-) So it doesn't matter as much who how unique your coat of arms is!

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2011, 00:56:08 »
Your display board was mostly photoshopped to be round symbols. It would be easy enough to do a display board with whatever people came up with. It wouldn't be too difficult to do banners for each, like the small banner in 4871 Lion Knights Troop, or even the large castle banner. The small one could be carried by a figure next to each knight at the start to show who the knight is riding for. It would just be sending the file around and then printing the banners out on heavy paper.
What I am not saying is that each knight should be custom painted or be carrying custom designed shields etc. The whole point of having Kingdom heraldry is that any knight could be chosen to ride for a Kingdom wearing his own heraldry. Minor differences in armour or caparison would be enough to tell individuals apart during the actual jousting.
None of this is mandatory, but if people want to do it I think it can be added in without any serious difficulty.

Really the only rules we ever need to have is the scoring system. Everything else can be worked out as we go. I think the basic die scoring as used at Winterhaven is acceptable to everyone. Do we need to do a poll about the question of adding in experience?