Author Topic: Sweetwater - my western town  (Read 5838 times)

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
Re: Sweetwater - my western town
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 20:23:13 »
Great custom - the blue windows and door look great against the brick walls!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2010, 23:27:44 »
Hello PB

Great Bank. I like the color you chose to do it in. The conversion of the sheriffs office to a bank really worked out well. I cant wait to see more of you Sweetwater town .

Thanks for sharing
   Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Feather

• Playmo Enthusiast
  • klicky...klitty... kitty!
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2010, 23:33:45 »
Playmobueb, Very nice building! I am looking forward to more pictures!

Sometimes it helps if everyone can see what you had to do to convert a Sheriff's office into a western bank.
see atachments

Yessss Thank you Richard! :) I was about to write a post about that. For those like me who just got back into the playmo world, it's good if we can see "before" and "after" pictures or something. Customization really doesn't mean much when you don't know all the sets (I haven't looked at a playmo magazine for over 20 years until a few weeks ago!). The idea is very appealing but I really have to start studying older sets and stuff...I know the 2009 catalogue of my region, and the playmobil.com by heart, but that's about it! So if other playmobil fans can write a little more about what they did to customize, or what sets they started from, it could really help. Not in order to copy, but in order to learn what can be done and what it really means to customize!
Did that make sense?

Feather

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2010, 00:52:11 »

Not in order to copy,

Hi Feather  :wave:

No way, I want to copy some of these talented customizations. There are so many great ideas in here that take Playmobil to a new level. When I started laying out our western town it became limited and repetitive due to the sets available. It is seeing members ideas that I can rid my town of the doldrums  ;)

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Feather

• Playmo Enthusiast
  • klicky...klitty... kitty!
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2010, 01:26:49 »

No way, I want to copy some of these talented customizations. There are so many great ideas in here that take Playmobil to a new level. When I started laying out our western town it became limited and repetitive due to the sets available. It is seeing members ideas that I can rid my town of the doldrums  ;)

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

Well, yes... it is inspiring! :) Even more so when we can actually SEE what has been changed. But that requires better knowledge of the playmoworld than what I have.  It'll come :)

Feather

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2010, 01:56:07 »
thanks pb for the first glimpse of sweetwater, and thank you richard for adding the before photos of the sheriff's office.  like others, i do not know enought about the western sets to know all of the work that goes into the customizations.

looking forward to more pb.
kaethe

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2010, 02:00:00 »
That's a fantastic western custom, playmobueb! :wow:  If this is one of your simpler customs, I think we're in for a treat with the rest of Sweetwater.  It's great to see some Western enthusiasts and customs on this site!

I recently purchased this Sheriff's office and am using it for its intended purpose, but I didn't fully realize its possibilities as a bank as you did.  It certainly looks secure with its stone and bars and safe!  I am using the older grey clapboard with green trim Sheriff's Office as my town bank along with the bars that came with the set and the safe you pictured.  It works okay with the bars and the boarded and barred window, but the clapboard is certainly no fortress, unlike your bank!  I think this safe works okay in the Western theme, although not perfect as it is modern and somewhat colorful.  It looks better in your bank with the blue window trim.  I wish Playmobil would make a nice black, burgundy, or forrest green old fashioned safe with gold trim.  Maybe that's planned for the hopefully upcoming "El Paso" Western theme. ???
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2010, 03:38:46 »

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

You can call your town 'Eureka'! :lol:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2010, 05:21:22 »

Been there, nice town with some historic buildings!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2010, 14:02:53 »

Hi Gepetto   :wave:

Eureka is an interesting town. I prefer to go to Arcata which is down the street. Eureka has a colorful past due to its Oligarch's and the Native American population. They are now only loosing their grip of control due to the corporations finally being able to figure out a way to move in.

It is a great name though even though I see you point of it being the Doldrums there  :lol: The people I know who have houses there are sort of in a "Doldrum" state, probable due to their excessive green intake.

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"