Author Topic: Request for custom Jeep Pics  (Read 3438 times)

Offline Outback

• The Original Playmo Jeep Guy!
  • Playmo Fanatic
  • Everything Playmobil Jeep!
    • Jeepmobil is being revamped - but there's Jeeps here!
Request for custom Jeep Pics
« on: February 06, 2007, 19:44:03 »
Have you built a custom PLM Jeep?

I know some of you have, and I would like to feature them at Jeepmobil.

Jeepmobil will soon include a new project page I am working on that will be linked to the Playmobil Jeepz Page and entitled something witty and relevant.  :hmm:

What I am looking for is a few good quality photos of your custom Jeep or Jeeps from differing angles or in a suitable setting and the relevant information.

i.e.: Your Playmofriends Forums username (and real name if you wish it to be known), the PLM set #, what it is (if not obvious) and what it's for, How it fits in with your collection, some details as to what you did to/with it to make what you did, and the parts used to accomplish the results.

I guess we can start by posting them here, and I will review and chose those photos as may be suitable to the page layout &c.

TIA,
Dunc

« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 23:51:16 by Outback »

Offline Outback

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: Request for custom Jeep Pics
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 19:51:05 »
Here's a couple of mine to get the Jeep rolling...

Search & Rescue Jeep w/ rescue boat and trailer.

Heavily modified / customised SAS WW2 Jeep

Not the greatest of pics, and a bit dated, but they will do for now. Besides, this work is about your custom Jeeps, not mine. So, lets see 'em!

8-)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 23:55:48 by Outback »

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 06:32:54 »
Hm, don't know, if this is what you're looking for, but I made a "customized" jeep some time ago ... not heavy customizing but only adding some stickers/decals because it already had the perfect color and shape: Dog rescue staff.

Are you also interested in trailers (for jeeps)? I made a trailer for this vehicle but hadn't the time so far to post some pics. (So they would come soon)

Offline Outback

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 15:08:14 »
Yes Little Jo. That is perfect!!! If you don't mind I would love to include that one on my custom Jeeps page.

I guess I should have been a bit more descriptive in how I apply the term "Custom". Basically for my intents and purposes it means... 1) any PLM Jeep that has been modified from original, 2) and/or has been modified for the use/or representation of something different than its original manufacture by PLM.

This would incude re-painting, re-badging, additional or custom parts additions, heavy modelling modifications, &c.

Yours fits because you have made it into something not available from PLM. Added custom stiuckers / badges, designed a custom crew for it, and more or less given it a theme of its own. You meet all the criterea.

Likewise, Playmofire's Jeeps will also qualify.

Thanks for posting. I am going to save your pics and use one on the Customs Page.

Cheers,
Dunc

Offline Outback

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 15:14:03 »
Are you also interested in trailers (for jeeps)? I made a trailer for this vehicle but hadn't the time so far to post some pics. (So they would come soon)

Yes I would be ineterested in trailers for Jeeps also. I have actually been thinking about this trying to figure out how to cover them and tie them in. I was thinking of doing a page on trailers that came available with the Jeeps.

I know in my case two of my Jeeps have custom trailers that are specific to the Jeep's use, so anything in that regard would count. I will be posting them a bit later as the Jeeps pages need updateing first. But, if your custom Jeep includes a trailer as part of its themed rebuild, then I would like pics of that as well for the main customs page.

Dunc

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 19:13:08 »
Yes I would be ineterested in trailers for Jeeps also. I have actually been thinking about this trying to figure out how to cover them and tie them in. I was thinking of doing a page on trailers that came available with the Jeeps.

I know in my case two of my Jeeps have custom trailers that are specific to the Jeep's use, so anything in that regard would count. I will be posting them a bit later as the Jeeps pages need updateing first. But, if your custom Jeep includes a trailer as part of its themed rebuild, then I would like pics of that as well for the main customs page.

Dunc

Ok, I finally made it to make some photos of the trailer. Please read in this thread.

Offline Outback

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 17:19:05 »
Thanks Jo, I'll select some pics and add them into my custom Jeeps page.  :)

I have a house guest this week (daughter from up north) so it may be a bit before the addition is posted.