Author Topic: Seattle Train Show and Meetup Jan 19-21  (Read 2039 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Seattle Train Show and Meetup Jan 19-21
« on: December 11, 2012, 15:45:13 »
Hi,
Glazz74 will be showing his layout at the Seattle Science Center train show January 19-21. It would be great to arrange a meetup for those of us in the region. I plan on being there to help with setup and through Saturday. We were thinking Saturday afternoon for a meet with it maybe continuing with a meal after the show closes at 6.
http://www.pacificsciencecenter.org/Special-Events/railroad-show There is an entry fee to the museum. It is located right next to the space needle in downtown Seattle.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Seattle Train Show and Meetup Jan 19-21
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 15:55:19 »
Sounds like a great idea Tim. I do wish I would be able to find time to attend but it is 850 miles away  :'(
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 20:38:32 »
Yeah, that's our problem in the US in general, everyone is so far apart. It's a 6 hour drive for me to Seattle, but it's worth it. I can combine a couple of other things to do while there. It does require an overnight stay for me though. You should all just move to Eugene so we can do more stuff together. Martin Milner moved here from London, why not you too?  :P

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 01:39:27 »
we have an aunt in Bend oregon so I was trying to figure out if I could kill two birds with one stone  :eh?:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 23:27:04 »
Bumping this up. We will be doing the meetup part on the afternoon of Saturday January 19th there at the Science Center in Seattle. We will probably try going to dinner after the show area closes. We will start set up late Friday if anyone wants to stop by to help out. let us know beforehand on that. I am planning on doing a Dinosaur Roadside Attraction in part of the layout which should be fun. It will only be there through Saturday, then I will have to pack up my part and head back to Oregon. The show runs through the Monday holiday.
There is a great new video of the December show Glazz74 did on YouTube. It's at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNNzY9pCHaI

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 05:13:58 »
thanks for the info  ;) and video

Offline Ronastoo

• Playmo Lover
  • MamaDragon
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 10:04:21 »
It was great fun last time.  I'm a "maybe" for this year.
Rona MamaDragon

Offline Knight Train

• Playmo Lover
  • Knight in Training
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 18:53:04 »
I'm going to come for the setup and try to come Saturday as well.

Offline nunney

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 21:06:40 »
thank for the video, tim. what an excellent video. just great! is this the sole playmobil train exhibit at the show? (it's hard to imagine room for more!)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 01:35:55 »
Probably the only one. There is one other person in the region who does them but I don't believe he does this show ever.
I've managed to extend my stay a day so will be at the show through Sunday, it runs through Monday and the exhibit will be up the entire time, just my dinos part will be taken down at the end of Sunday.