Author Topic: More reviews of the new fire equipment  (Read 12681 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
More reviews of the new fire equipment
« on: September 25, 2009, 18:50:22 »
I've just got another DS order through (placed on the 16th Sept and received on the 24th!) of parts from the new fire equipment, so here are some mini reviews partly with the aim of showing how the parts can (or cannot) be used with the 3880.  The equipment I've got is the ventilation fan, the new suction hose, the new axes and the beater.  We'll start with the axes and the beater.

The new design of fire brigade axe comes in a large and small version and is supplied as one pair of each.  The UK price is 30p.  The two axes are broadly the same design with a chopping blade and a prising spike, ideal, too, I imagine for breaking double-glazed windows to gain access.  As you can see, the large version is a hefty instrument and wouldn't look out of place in a mediaeval scene.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: More reviews of the new fire equipment
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 18:54:50 »
The beater is used for dealing with grass or other vegetation fires literally by beating the flames out.  It comes in units of one and the UK cost is 20p.  In the second photo you can see it in action at a small grass fire, probably set by bored children at the end of the school holidays.

I'll review the ventilation fan and suction hose later this evening or over the weekend.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 19:24:55 »
Hey that looks like a lego fire . let it burn
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 20:30:18 »
Excellent review so far, Gordon! It makes me want the accessories even more  :P, but I have to agree with Ras, has LEGO infiltrated your Playmo world  :hmm:?
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 20:47:46 »
Cool equitement you got there Gordon.
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 20:51:25 »
Hey that looks like a lego fire . let it burn

You're quite right, Ras and Bill, it is a Lego fire.  I have about half a dozen for depicting small scale fires.  If Playmobil made a similar sized one, then I'd use it.  The disadvantage of the large Playmobil flames is the face it it, but I try to ignore that and use them anyway.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 21:21:41 »
We are waiting for those new tools here in the US and look forward to their arrival now that you have shown them

PS: I am sure you must know of the two small faceless flames 30 05 0040 & 30 07 6930 ( you could cut off the peg )
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 21:40:17 »
We are waiting for those new tools here in the US and look forward to their arrival now that you have shown them

PS: I am sure you must know of the two small faceless flames 30 05 0040 & 30 07 6930 ( you could cut off the peg )

Oh yes, I've got those too but they're not the right sort for, say, a grass fire.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 21:41:32 »
Hey Gordon, I noticed your new style female firefighter figure, do all of the new figures have the flesh colored hands that need the full gloves for protection? Which set did you get her in, or did you get her as a DS order extra?
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2009, 23:27:58 »
Those axes almost look like Pulaski axes , what a great tool  :)9