Author Topic: No stock  (Read 5473 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
No stock
« on: August 31, 2011, 19:37:01 »
Made an order of about 150 different parts, about 300 total...

The answer was "sorry but no stock" - did this happen to anyone before? Is this normal? It's my 3rd order...  :'(  :'(

Emailed them to clarify.. let's see what they say. I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO disappointed. I was looking forward to it, though fearing the total, as usual.

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
Re: No stock
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 20:11:34 »
Tahra,
Do you use German DS? Not sure what is going on there as I order from US DS; in the US they are swamped at DS....Amanda said they have had a lot of large orders, and I don't think she gets much help. So if the answer is no stock, could it be that they don't have the labor to fill the order? I am not sure.

I just received my order from August 2nd, which took about two weeks longer than usual. Anyone else have ideas as to what is going on at DS?

Cheers, Pgal :wave:
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 20:18:45 »
I WISH I could use the German one. Mine is iberia. Thank the Gods we understand spanish, cause that's how they reply.

I have NO IDEA what it means. I expected some parts not to be available, but ALL!?  :'(

I'm really down about this. Let's see what they say. If they reply. You know when something looks too good to be true?

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 20:22:54 »
It depends what the parts are as well. Playmobil only keeps parts 4 years after they have been discontinued and then they are gone due to storage space limitations. If they get bought up before then they may not make another production run just for filling DS orders, since a run is in the range of thousands of the parts.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 20:40:56 »
It depends what the parts are as well. Playmobil only keeps parts 4 years after they have been discontinued and then they are gone due to storage space limitations. If they get bought up before then they may not make another production run just for filling DS orders, since a run is in the range of thousands of the parts.

I know, some could be, but most were kinda recent... Some were like "hey, let's try this", and it would be no surprise not getting them... On my previous order there was a list of parts that came as "no stock" and "limited", but I don't think it's permanent - the no stock included the small green dragon wings (but the body was available, so I have a wingless dragon :( ) and the flame for the torches, for example... which are current pieces. And VERY common, in the flames' case, right?

So, while I was expecting a list of "not available" parts, I NEVER expected a short "sorry, no stock of the mentioned parts"... It's unreal  :'(

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 20:46:11 »
we never had any denial of parts, just a lot of availabilities but on really old parts... some parts are becoming very rubber-like, like the flames for the torches so I am thinking that maybe they are restocking right now with a new material...  ??? and it will take sometime before all are available again... just a thought.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 08:30:13 »
Is it the time of year - the summer holidays and stocks levels have run down or even the stock is there but there are no staff to unpack it?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 08:39:51 »
Is it the time of year - the summer holidays and stocks levels have run down or even the stock is there but there are no staff to unpack it?

I thought of that.. at least here, almost everything is working (at most) at half speed in august.. But I mean, today is september..

Besides, I did a couple of "regular orders" last sunday and got them as usual on thursday..

I'm REALLY worried abou this :(

Offline Jay

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 00:11:31 »
Don't know about US DS being loaded. I called a few weeks ago with a long list and they had one thing.  Did they get a new shipment in the next week or so maybe?

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011, 07:44:44 »
Now they only reply with "they depend on the stock in Germany". Ok.. but when they expect to have more? "they depend on the stock in Germany".

Bah. Will repeat my order next week!  :(

My dragon will remain wingless. My sails shipless. Among others. :(