Author Topic: Plans added to official archive  (Read 3417 times)

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
Re: Plans added to official archive
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2013, 17:40:22 »
Thanks for your input, you three. The priority is certainly just getting the numbers in there where they're supposed to go. New parts from these sets will be in CGI quality, of course. Some older parts could benefit from an upgrade, things with complicated curves or unusual surfaces - animals for example, and clear parts like the harp in 5451; and there are some older parts whose pics are dreadful only because the only instructions I had that showed them, were low quality or too small. In short, I'll suppose I'll upgrade as I see the need and get around to it.

By the way: donations always welcome. I've gotten by without advertising so far, and would love to continue without. But information and time can't be bought, and that's what I'm always most in need of.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2013, 18:23:50 »
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2013, 18:47:01 »
Is that the 4822 fire car, or have I missed something?

No, the 5172 (Heat Racer).

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2013, 19:09:18 »
No, the 5172 (Heat Racer).

Thanks, I understand.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2013, 20:24:51 »
Thanks, I understand.

Sorry, long gone are the days I knew the refs (well, some) by heart  :-[  And I couldn't remember the "official" name, but I remembered the flames :)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2013, 19:06:01 »
I vote for the older style pictures as preferable to those CGI ones, where possible. Here is an example of the 'new style' instructions for anyone who hasn't had a look yet.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2013, 15:58:44 »
I too vote for the classic non digitized pictures
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2013, 18:51:28 »
Just noticed that Playmobil has added 8 sets to their online building instructions:  5432, 5433, 5434, 5435, 5436, 5437, 5438, & 5439.  This brings the count up to 993 (they have corrected the previous error of showing some sets in triplicate.)   :)
U.S.A.      Massachusetts