Author Topic: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St  (Read 199526 times)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
Re: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St
« Reply #260 on: April 25, 2011, 08:21:49 »
Thank you so much dear Friends for your wonderful comments  :wave:

I am indeed dedicating a huge amount of thought, preparation, time and energy to this project as I would like it to be as refreshing, creative and Victorian in a light way.

I am having a tremendous fun preparing the food items remembering how many of you felt hungry after watching my previous tales  ;)

With the preparation of the miniatures items, photography and lighting set up are what takes the most time.

The response to this project has truly been amazing with a participation from members of the entire online Playmo community and has exceeded all my dreams  :love:

What is truly magical for me is that Friends whom I have never met in person - yet  ;)  - have decided to contribute to this project by creating a unique character to join the cast of Summer Garden Party on Regent St and I still cannot believe that members as far as Argentina, USA, Spain, Netherlands, Greece, Germany, Belgium, France have joined in !

I am preparing a separate thread to present each of their creations on an individual basis in pictures which will hopefully do justice to the incredible creativity and talent involved in them.

With regards to the project itself, I still have to complete the Great Room with a fireplace and furniture and I will then start the preparation of the first part of Summer Garden Party on Regent St which will depicts one extraordinary day starting with :

1 / Early morning to noon : picking up fruits and vegetables in the vegetable gardens and the preparation of the feast in the kitchen.

2 / noon to 5.00pm : decoration of the gardens and summer pavillion, arrival of the Guests and serving of high tea on the elevated terrace lawn including a Royal visit  ;)

3 / 5.00pm to 8.00pm : setting up the stage for the play "The Three Musketeers" on the elevated terrace, sitting down of the Guests and "show time" involving the 3 Musketeers, Cardinal Richelieu, Queen Anne and Milady de Winter.

4 / 8.00pm to 10.00pm : serving of the sumptuous evening buffet in the summer pavillion with cocktails and piano music and dancing

5 / 10.00pm : magical entrance and performance of Maria Malibran. The end  ;)

As you can see, this is quite a task that lays ahead of me but I am approaching it with the confidence, determination and good spirits that all your comments are inspiring me  :love:

From the bottom of my heart THANK YOU for bringing that many little sunshines and rainbows to my days  :cloud9:

Karim :gent:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #261 on: April 25, 2011, 08:36:38 »
Sound like a packed bt delightfull programed Karim!! We'll be here waiting anxiously for it and any updates that come along!!!

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #262 on: April 25, 2011, 11:14:40 »
We must thank YOU Karim for the wonderful time we have reading and watching your creation!
I, personally, can't wait for the big day, to see all the characters together and the mansion to come alive again!! :easterhop:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #263 on: April 29, 2011, 08:06:01 »
I must agree, THANK YOU Karim! Your installments are always magificent. The detail in the pictures, background story and setup are a marvel to behold.

For me the "magic" of this adventure is seeing my (and my wives) creations a longside your marvelous work as well as the work of our fellow playmofriends.

Much like bb I am always behind on commenting on your stories because I just don't start them when I feel slightly rushed.

Looking eagerly forward to what else you will bring to us :-)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #264 on: June 20, 2011, 02:35:04 »
Good morning dear Friends :wave:,

I will shortly be starting the first chapter of my Summer Garden Party and Lady Edwina Weldon will have the pleasure of closing this Making of with the decoration of the Great Room of the Mansion  ;)

In the meantime, I would like to share with you the most extraordinary and magical creations of one of the world's most inspired Miniature Food Artisan, Betsy Niederer :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzS-1jFDPJ0

Betsy is for me the most inspiring Miniature Food Artisan ever  :love:

Summer Garden Party on Regent St will be as much a celebration of the Playmobil Victorian Theme as a celebration of the miniature food from the picking up of the vegetables and fruits in the garden, delivery of the goods in the morning to their transformation in the victorian kitchen to the serving of the feast in the evening.

This is something that has not been done before and I hope that you will enjoy this journey into the world of miniature food  :)

Karim :)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 02:41:44 by playmovictorian »
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #265 on: June 20, 2011, 02:41:10 »
UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
I can't stop watching that video.... it is incredible what this woman does!
Karim this party is gonna be EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!  :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 02:46:55 by tonguello »
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #266 on: June 20, 2011, 02:45:59 »
WoW!!! That is fantastic!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #267 on: June 20, 2011, 06:31:43 »
Mazing creations!!! and very tasty...  ;D

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #268 on: June 20, 2011, 07:00:30 »
Mazing creations!!! and very tasty...  ;D

yes indeed amazing creatings and very tastly mmmm....
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #269 on: June 23, 2011, 19:30:34 »
Thank you very much dear Friends  :wave:

Karim :)