Author Topic: is this a future 'Fi?ures' color klicky?  (Read 4405 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: is this a future 'Fi?ures' color klicky?
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 16:22:56 »
I wonder if you did get defective ones. ??? I've had no trouble at all with mine. They don't seem cheap to me.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2011, 16:37:30 »
To me, the plastic of the innerframe of the uprise surprise figures seems even more sturdy then the frame of the regular klickies (at least from those of the last 10 years or so) ...
I find the plastic of the frame is less flexible, and the surprise klickies' arms & legs sit less loose then those of many regular ones. But because less flexible, it is also somewhat less easy to adjust again once limbs become more loose with time... I usually bend the plastic innerframe to make arms & legs fit tightly again. But there are other methods as well; f.e. putting some small pieces of adhesive tape in the armpits of the innerframe and on the innersides where the legholes are.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2011, 16:41:44 »
looking at the instruction sheet... it looks like they might be making just 1 sheet for the whole line with a generic "how to put this together" instruction instead of being figure specific... just a thought :)
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2011, 16:57:54 »
Yes, there only 2 differences on the instructions between the boys/girls (blue/pink) surprise figures and and/or different series; male klicky for the boys' and a female-klicky for the girls' ones, and the series-numbers.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2011, 17:00:45 »
looking at the instruction sheet... it looks like they might be making just 1 sheet for the whole line with a generic "how to put this together" instruction instead of being figure specific... just a thought :)

I would say that is all this is, except the set number is different. :eh?:
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2011, 17:11:25 »
I think the 5157 number is for the series 2 of figures... the website hasn't put up the instructions for a 5158... which assume is the number for the series 2 female figures... but they might soon. If you look at the instructions for the 5203 and 5204 series of figures... they have the full assembly instructions for the specific figure on them... this would have to be cheaper to print  i would think... or maybe it isnt a figure at all... maybe it is a ghost  :lol:
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2011, 17:16:38 »
I would say that is all this is, except the set number is different. :eh?:

Otherwise that would be one boring special!

And about the inner frame again, I must have been just put off by something different....upon re-examination, overall it does seem a better design and improved over the VINTAGE frame (which tended to get loose easily).  The arms and bend at the torso don't suffer from looseness.  Add that with the easy be-head-ability, and this would make this frame superior to the last two.  I can see the intent, and again, like I said, perhaps I got defective pair, as mine has stress marks on the leg joints.  I will buy more soon and I hope I'll be able to tell I got an anomaly defect.  (though I was still disappointed with my zorro's cape which kept falling off too due to cheaper plastic FOR SURE, since I have that same cape mould in an older version with thicker plastic that does NOT suffer from looseness).

I dunno, with newer clickies, it's hit and miss in terms of quality now vs. older quality.  Some materials are definitely "cheaped out" on in the newer versions.
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2011, 18:38:53 »
Uhm... Doesn't the popping ease come from the different neck, and not the frame?

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2011, 18:40:34 »
Nope, the frame is modified so that the neck slides up it rather than catching.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2011, 18:43:31 »
Nope, the frame is modified so that the neck slides up it rather than catching.

That's because the heads are different.. isn't it?

Wonder if it's the combination. Will have to try that.