Author Topic: head "stuff"  (Read 4853 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: head "stuff"
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2015, 10:02:18 »
- the holes would also be mandatory on the designers's skulls.

Yep, that's covered in my manifesto!

the addition of a hole in the head should pose no problems at all for the klickies or their designers!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2015, 14:13:41 »
:-[ i am sorry grahamb, i thought you meant easy for the designers to MAKE holes in klickies' skulls.
i am glad we think alike (like great minds usually do).

:hmm: i decided to investigate the pirates of the caribbean dangling stuff.
there's even a web site explaining all jack sparrow's clothing items - http://jacksparrowcostuming.wikispaces.com/Wig+and+Bandanna
apparently keith richards - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-448276/Keiths-daddy-bad-hair-days.html - had a decisive influence in the dangking-stuff-from-one's-head-no-matter-what-everything-goes.

:( if playmobil wanted to "copy" this trend without paying royalties (uuhhh, aren't they se clever) they could at least understand its basics.
"stuff" hangs from inside the hair - not outside from it.
when "stuff" appears mixed wit a bandana or tricorne, it is still attached to the hair.
it's not "glued" outside.
it's not a coat hanger.

:) playmobil designers have done so good in the past - the earrings and the beards are a fine example.
it's difficult to go more "rocaille" at playmo-scale.
if you can't quite understand what it is from 25 cm (10 inches) away, maybe it's not worth it?
could this be a rule for all playmo stuff?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 14:26:10 by cachalote »
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2015, 05:54:13 »
One or two pirates with such a dingle-dangle thingie hanging from their hats/heads would have been fine, but they really overdid it and indeed almost every pirate figure from the new sets (including the DS add ons) has one... ::)
Maybe they started from the viewpoint that young kids will be more attracted to the klickies by all these gold/silver-coloured head/hat-hangers.
Generally, to my taste several of the new pirates have too much detail, and their newest ship has too few detail.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2015, 11:33:57 »
:'( you are so right ras.
ships are becoming increasingly "abstract" and "poor".
pirates and soldiers are becoming increasingly "figuraive" and "rich".
8} sometimes it seems that 2 different companies are responsible for both families of sets.
if this continues maybe one of these days the figures won't fit in the boats.
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2015, 19:20:49 »
They aren't awful, but are definitely overused and unnecessary in this case. Especially the female pirate - the "hanging ornament" is attached to a peg coming out of the figure's hair. Yikes. It's easy to work with a hat in this case, but the hair? :-\
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2015, 20:21:43 »
They aren't awful, but are definitely overused and unnecessary in this case. Especially the female pirate - the "hanging ornament" is attached to a peg coming out of the figure's hair. Yikes. It's easy to work with a hat in this case, but the hair? :-\

It's the same hair the hawaiian has - and an indian. You can put a flower, a feather, a skull... Nice. Or you can just snip it. Easy peasy.

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2015, 20:41:19 »
It's the same hair the hawaiian has - and an indian. You can put a flower, a feather, a skull... Nice. Or you can just snip it. Easy peasy.

That's true. But it's still odd as to why Playmobil opted to include that feature in the first place. I can't imagine kids seeing the hanging ornament and thinking, "Wow! That's what I've been looking for in my Playmobil pirates all this time!". Pirates aren't exactly associated with dangling trinkets, so it isn't an element that adds value to the set.
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2015, 20:44:16 »
I can't imagine kids seeing the hanging ornament and thinking, "Wow! That's what I've been looking for in my Playmobil pirates all this time!". Pirates aren't exactly associated with dangling trinkets, so it isn't an element that adds value to the set.

They're not!? These days, they probably are.

Maybe more then fairies with pink  ::)

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2015, 20:54:31 »
Well some kids, even though you try your best to teach them different, do want that stuff. My six year old loves the hair dangle stuff and pink everything.... she wants pink pirates and pink knight armor too... it's very distressing actually  :lol:
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2015, 20:57:29 »
A pink knight would actually be pretty sweet.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman: