Author Topic: head "stuff"  (Read 4856 times)

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
head "stuff"
« on: June 18, 2015, 19:55:54 »
:-[ this is not the usual do-you-have-any-idea-for-what-set-this-part-is.

:) i know where these images came from - it's playmobil's most recent "generation" of pirates.

??? what i don't know is what the "stuff" that is coming out from the head of these figures is.
??? any clues?

why is it present ia almost every recent pirate set?
why does it protrude from the figures heads, "travellng" through hair, bandadas and tricornes?
what is the phone number of playmobil's chief designer?
is it very difficult to buy rope anywhere in germany?
is there an extradition treaty between portugal and germany?
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: head "stuff"
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 20:30:40 »
Well.. I like it :)

I suppose a couple of different designs would be good, but.. Anyways, easy enough to fix if you don't want them (or replace them)

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 20:52:12 »
??? and why isn't there such well-i-like-it stuff in all the themes?

:) oh. look, it's a dolphin with a stick-where-you-can-hang-stuff coming out of his head!
well, you are being to dramatic: whatever we hang there can come off leaving just the stick.

:hmm: oh, look, there is another stick coming out of that playmo-baby's head!
8} and another form his belly!
:o oh, look, and another one form his back!

:'( oh, this is not nice anymore, what is happening to hour klickies?
i heard it was the chief designer idea and, when nobody insulted him, he felt free to hang sticjs in every set, everywhere!

oh, and how was that possible?

you know, people just didn't want to look rude at first, and then they thougth it would go away on its one, and then, when it didn't, it was too late and the chief designer had taken over the management of playmobil and forced everyone to say the sticks were great and a very nice idea, and now i heard people talking about putting sticks in the company's workers heads and if someone opposed he or she would disappear.

long live the stick/stuff!
we want the stick/stuff!

everyone not having a stick/stuff coming out of their heads will be forced to go and live in denmark, surrounded exclusively by legos.

long libe the stick/stuff!
we are the stick/stuff people! ;)

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 21:11:42 »
I haven't seen those before or I wasn't paying attention. I sort of see where they were going with this, but it didn't quite get there.

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 22:19:52 »
I think the Johnny Depp pirate movies feature a lot of "let's dangle stuff from pirate hats" don't they?
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 06:44:12 »
I don't know much about pirates but those things look wacky and inauthentic.

Dark times are upon us.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 10:49:22 »
these hanging thingies will get lost and do they expect parents to order them from DS? when they made legs/arms with moulded-on armour, we thought it was to simplify manufacturing or avoid losing tiny parts...

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2015, 14:55:33 »
Well, thank you cachalote for your manifesto on behalf of the Dangly Bits Party.

I hereby launch a rival party, the Hole in the Head Party. Not satisfied with sticks to dangle bits on (don't forget the Hawaiian hair stick for a flower), I wish to propose all klickies should henceforth have a hole in their heads to allow the addition of crowns, Indian feathers, strings of flowers, etc.  Since they have no brains to speak of, the addition of a hole in the head should pose no problems at all for the klickies or their designers!

Tahra, do you want to start an Equality of Arms Party to campaign for left wing (or arm) and right wing (arm) to be the same? Or perhaps a Stamp Out THAT Hair Party?

:lol:
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2015, 15:47:32 »
I have no issues with the hawaiian hair - it is, IMO, a nice addition, and also quite easy to "fix". I think the same might be true for this new pirate peg-thingies. And I do like them (duh, skull.)

Holes are very different matter. While the new (GORGEOUS, rubbery) indian hair works fine with no feather, that DREADFUL "queen hair" is completely useless without the crown. Worse, it's not that great with it to begin with. Would be quite pretty without that hole - as we can see with the other versions.

As to wings, I don't thing that'd work. Common arms (that is, basically all but the puffy egyptian-like sleeves) should be all alike yes. The left/right arm thing adds basically nothing, and you lose a lot.

Let's not even start with the female/male all different skinny arms, ok?  >:(  >:(  >:(

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2015, 22:57:50 »
you are welcome grahamb.
... but i have an amendment to your proposal - the holes would also be mandatory on the designers's skulls.
a long stick would be needed in this case - of course.
a small one would be lost in the void that fills the inside of playmobil designers' skulls.
who are these people?
where did they attend school?
how were they chosen?
is it that hard to work in the middle of "romantisches franken?
... wait a minute - that might be the problem - no good designer would like to work in such an idylic place (to many trees, too many castles).
and even if a desperate one would - god knows why - the "design by comitee" policy (http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=3064.0) would no doubt drive him mad in a few weeks.
;)