Author Topic: Seaport & Beachtown Coastal Railway Co. Ltd. - Beachtown revised track layout  (Read 1720 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Before the original S & B C R layout round the pond was taken in, I bought some more track and altered the Beachtown end to allow longer trains and to allow two trains to be in the station at once.

Here's how it was originally:

With extra track, I was able to put in an extension to the run around so that there was a second run around option which allowed longer trains or part of the extension to be used as  a siding for rolling stock.  In addition, it was possible to have two trains at the Beachtown terminus at busy periods, one just in from Seaport and another ready to leave for Seaport.  (I've no picture of this, I'm afraid, but you can imagine it, I'm sure.)

First, a view looking from the buffers.  The extension is on the right hand side track and consists of the buffers and the track to the first set of points and then  the track from the second set of points to where it joins the curve coming in from Pond End in the background:

A view new from the opposite direction.  Originally, at the first set of points the track simply curved to the right:

Before, the terminus could only deal with a train with three items of rolling stock, but now it can deal with trains of five or more pieces of rolling stock easily.

Where trains of three units are running, the track below the original run around can act as a siding:

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
I really like this layout, Gordon! It keeps evolving & getting better! :)9
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
I really like this layout, Gordon! It keeps evolving & getting better! :)9

Thanks, Bill.  It's great fun thinking of how it can be developed, as you can see in another topic I started today.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”