Author Topic: "Telepizza" Promotional sets from Spain  (Read 4191 times)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
"Telepizza" Promotional sets from Spain
« on: February 12, 2006, 14:43:46 »
HELP !!!

I don't know where to put this ...

Where do you post things that may be of interest to our members that you find in other places ???

I found this on Yoyei's Spanish Playclicks. It was so unusual that I wanted to share it with everyone here. But, I don't know where to post it.

These are a group of Playmobil sets that look like they were used for a pizza promational program ...

click on image below to see all eight sets ...

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
Re: "Telepizza" Promotional sets from Spain
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 14:57:08 »
I have know about some telepizza sets, but this is the first time I have seen other sets.
Thanks for sharing.

M

It solved a question for me.
With the Egyptian set, the male has a white insert into his gold crown/hat and a unique scroll.
Tahra once had a Spanish Surprize Egg with an Egyptian prince that same white insert, and the same document/scroll and I didnt know where it had come from.  I knew they hadnt been in any official Playmobil set.  If I remember correctly her prince was all in white.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 17:32:23 by Meg »

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 15:02:23 »
The "News" board in the General Category seems to be a good catch-all for these sort of subjects.
Or, because promotional items are highly sought after by collectors, you could post it in "Collector's Corner". Hmmm.... maybe I should change the description of that board so it has wider usage? I kinda like the 'Playmoholics Anonymous' bit though. ;D

I think the Gallery boards are more for showcasing customs and creative photography, and as this is neither of those it might get a little lost in there.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 15:23:31 »
I have the astronaut set but in an opened box.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 16:32:20 »
Thanks, Meg, Sylvia and Playmofire ...

When someone has the time, would you please move this thread to the appropriate place ... :)

And, I apologize again for not knowing where to put it ...  :-[

Thanks again and all the best,
Richard

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 18:49:21 »
I'd seen a couple of these sets before since Tahra had also had the opportunity to obtain some in Portugal when the promotion was running there. Thanks for linking to Yoyei's pics showing the whole range, Richard. They do indeed make a very desirable set. 8-)

Meg's right. It looks like some of the parts used in these sets also found their way to the Spanish Surprise Eggs. I think (if memory serves correctly) that the skis with "Telepizza" slogan written on them also turned up there, but I'm not absolutely sure on that one.

When someone has the time, would you please move this thread to the appropriate place ... :)
I've widened the description of this board so it can cater to a more varied range of subjects related to collecting and moved it here. Hope you approve. :) Some topics, like this one, just seem harder to categorise than others, so I can easily understand why you were uncertain where to post it.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 22:40:20 »
Some topics, like this one, just seem harder to categorise than others, so I can easily understand why you were uncertain where to post it.

Thank you, Sylvia. I don't feel quite so stupid now ... ;)

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 08:55:19 »
I found about those set's recently and tried to get one of the Roman sets off Spanish ebay but I didn't get a reply saying that I could bid on it :(

Still,I will keep looking for one to add to my forthcoming Roman Collection.
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline gassy

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Playmobil
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2010, 18:26:02 »
Hi

this is a very old post,, i dont see that earlier, sorry
here are all Telepizza set´s
http://www.gassy.de/html/telepizza.html

Seeking the Egyptian set , the only set I miss  :'(

gassy
#‎PlaymobilQuixote

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 03:14:42 »
:) thank you for remembering telepizza gassy.
 ;) ... and for remembering me that i have one of these rare telepizza promotional sets gassy - the pirate one (http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=2869.0).
 :hmm: it is incredible how these apparently "poor" spanish sets introduced 2 "important" german themes - the romans and the egyptians.
    honni soit qui mal y pense