Author Topic: Temple Guardians - 4848 and 4849  (Read 5983 times)

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
Re: Temple Guardians - 4848 and 4849
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2010, 19:39:51 »
In general, I like blinking playmo-thingies...
...but these klickies are a little too crazy for me.  8}  :P

best,
socrates

Me too...

Great review by the way Junior!
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2010, 19:56:37 »
strange klickys indded  :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: can we call them klickys they look like some cheapish 1$ toys that they sale to the supermarkets ,playmobil is missing good disighners at present !!!! we'll see how many of those they will sell!!!!!
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2010, 19:59:57 »
...we'll see how many of those they will sell!!!!!

I dunno...
Space theme collectiors might think they make good Aliens... :toot:
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2010, 20:03:57 »
I dunno...
Space theme collectiors might think they make good Aliens... :toot:

Whoa!!! that is indeed a cool idea!!!!  :D :D :D

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2010, 20:05:16 »
i don't know as a game perhaps for those who play , but imagine this on display the showcase costs 7x it's price

they quited the romans to realese these shame...........

The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Ronastoo

• Playmo Lover
  • MamaDragon
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2010, 20:11:55 »
Temple Guardian 4849 came to my local Toys R Us!    I love his flashing laser gun!
I have a problem with him, though, and I wondered if this was a problem with this figure or just the one that I have.  When he lifts his gun to shoot at something, he falls over.   And worse than that, his arm isn't strong enough to hold the gun up and it slowly starts drooping to point at the ground.
Does anyone else have this problem?
I have him propped up with the paper tray on my printer but he thinks that I want him to shoot the copies as they come out and I need those!   :lol:
Rona MamaDragon

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2010, 23:53:50 »
Great review Junior! Thank you very much!  :)

I'm not so interested in these sets either, but I really like some of their vehicles!  ;D

Baden  :wave:
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 13:08:54 »
Temple Guardian 4849 came to my local Toys R Us!    I love his flashing laser gun!
I have a problem with him, though, and I wondered if this was a problem with this figure or just the one that I have.  When he lifts his gun to shoot at something, he falls over.   And worse than that, his arm isn't strong enough to hold the gun up and it slowly starts drooping to point at the ground.
Does anyone else have this problem?
I have him propped up with the paper tray on my printer but he thinks that I want him to shoot the copies as they come out and I need those!   :lol:

I don't have a 4849 yet (my local TRU did not have them on the shelves whe I last went), but do have a 4848. He arrived a little loose at the waist, something I detest, so I popped him open and tightened the chassis with a squeeze of my fingers, something I do a lot for older klickies who have become stoopy.

Now he can stand upright, and hold his gun out at 90 degrees if required. At that point he's on the very brink of tipping over, but doesn't. However his green gun has two handholds, yet it is impossible for him to hold one in each hand, or for another klicky to hold one if he is holding the other. For shooting, he holds the forward handhold and fires from the waist, with his arm only slightly raised.

You should be able to fix your droopy arm by squeezing the chassis, and the tumbling-over problem by not having your temple guardian hold the gun so far forward.

Offline Ronastoo

• Playmo Lover
  • MamaDragon
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2010, 20:02:54 »
Thanks, Martin.  I'll give him the squeeze treatment and see if that solves his problem.  Maybe he just needs to go to the gym and work out so that he can hold up the heavy gun?   :)
Rona MamaDragon

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2010, 02:45:06 »
Thanks, Martin.  I'll give him the squeeze treatment and see if that solves his problem.  Maybe he just needs to go to the gym and work out so that he can hold up the heavy gun?   :)

I got a couple of 4849s and some other goodies in a big box delivery from TRU today. It's OK, my wife had a bandsaw (!) delivered the same day from Grizzly, so my purchase was minor.

I've opened one 4849, and he was the loosest-waisted klicky I have ever had straight out of the box. I think it may be due to the extra-long and heavy legs putting more strain on the chassis. There was no way he could hold a gun, and almost couldn't stand upright, but after quick pop open and squeeze he could at least stand tall again. His laser-rifle (?)  is certainly one of the heaviest things a klicky could be asked to hold at arm's length and he just about manages, but as before I set this guy to shoot from the waist.

I also got the 4842 temple with two more guardians, so soon I shall have all four standard variants ready to defend the treasure.