Author Topic: Snow plows: are old (3696) and new (9500) parts compatible?  (Read 2343 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
I am missing both front "shovel things" on my old snow plows... (3469 + 3696)...

Are the parts from this new 9500 compatible?

(all links to playmodb)

New: 9500
Old: 3469 + 3696

Missing these: red and black

Replacing with these:
attachment part + shovel, light blue

Wouldn't be perfect, but better than none, I suppose.

Does anyone have this new set, and can see if those are compatible with the old vehicles? I believe those vehicle attachments were standard.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: Snow plows: are old (3696) and new (9500) parts compatible?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 23:09:12 »
I ordered one last weekend and it should be here next week, and have the old plow as well so if nobody else gets you an answer I will have one for you when it arrives.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 08:53:02 »
I ordered one last weekend and it should be here next week, and have the old plow as well so if nobody else gets you an answer I will have one for you when it arrives.

Thanks Tiermann ;)

Really have no use for those parts if they don't fit, right? Makes no sense that they changed that standard, but hey, this is playmobil we're talking about, so..   ::)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 22:16:29 »
This is a question to which I too would like the answer! Those ploughs (plows) for old sets are hard to come by!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 16:14:44 »
Sorry to say the answer is no they are not. The attachment part for the blade end is the same as in 4046

https://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-28-4230

The snow groomer frame is the same if anyone needs to get one of those, but the blade end matches the more recent blades on trucks and bulldozers

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2019, 11:32:14 »
Sorry to say the answer is no they are not. The attachment part for the blade end is the same as in 4046

https://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-28-4230

The snow groomer frame is the same if anyone needs to get one of those, but the blade end matches the more recent blades on trucks and bulldozers

I'm sorry, I didn't undertand  :-[ - you mean the new "attachment" (https://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-08-8952) doesn't fit the old ones?
(it IS hard to believe.. but...)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2019, 21:55:44 »
The old snow groomers had the same width attachment at both ends (wide). The new one has the wide attachment at one end for the snow grooming section to attach to. At the other end it has a narrower attachment piece that clips on, and then the new style blades clip onto that. This is the same set up and pieces used on the recent trucks with a snowplow attached.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2019, 13:43:40 »
New back attachment is compatible with old snowploughs. :)
New front attachment isn't compatible with old snowploughs. :(
That's what I understood. ???
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2019, 15:45:24 »
At the other end it has a narrower attachment piece that clips on, and then the new style blades clip onto that. This is the same set up and pieces used on the recent trucks with a snowplow attached.

Thank you. I thought that was what you meant, but I kinda get lost with the proper names.  :-[

New back attachment is compatible with old snowploughs. :)
New front attachment isn't compatible with old snowploughs. :(

Yes :(   

Unfreakingbelievable. But, hey, playmobil!  ::) >:(

Guess they'll remain shovel-less.