Author Topic: Trains  (Read 2091 times)

Offline Donmobil

• Playmo Fanatic
Trains
« on: February 03, 2016, 06:34:55 »
I have seen the section on Trains on their USA site, but it just has a few cars and track. Does Playmobil make Trains... the engines and coal cars, cabooses, etc.?

I have several LEGO engines and many cars and I would also like to have Playmobil trains, especially Western Trains.

-- Donmobil

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Trains
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 07:30:30 »
Playmobil makes very little in the train line at the moment.  There is the 5258 diesel set and after that there is only what you see on the Direct Service site, which seems to vary from country to country in what it offers.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
  • Hier stehe ich, ich kann auch anders.
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 08:43:04 »
Playmobil makes very little in the train line at the moment.
Eumphemistisch gesagt  8-). Der Güterzug steht auf der Streichliste für 2016, so daß es gar keine Playmobileisenbahn im Regelsortiment mehr geben wird  :'(.

Call that a euphemism  ;) as the cargo train set's to be taken out of Playmobils regular sortiment, so in 2016 there'll be no trains at all  :'(.

jj:
Lust auf Bilder? => www.klickywelt.de (mit Anmeldung)
Fancy more pics? => www.klickywelt.de (sign in to see)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 19:42:42 »
They come in and out of stock in the US depending on shipments from Germany. It will be the last year for the current train set though, if it shows up again at all. It's available form Amazon at the moment. They are G gauge - so big of course, but no more pricey than LEGO trains are. So far I only have the old track driven trains and no remote ones, but have a possibility of getting a good freight set from Europe, the shipping will cost more than the train though but it's a variation I particularly want. Hopefully it works out.

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 19:50:25 »
Now I am really feeling myself a fossil collecting trains  :'(

At the moment you can only look for the current goods train, and buy additional trains from LGB ToyTrain, if Märklin is willing to produce it.

Offline Knight Train

• Playmo Lover
  • Knight in Training
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 02:22:10 »
Ebay is probably the best place to get Playmobil trains now.  The prices are a bit on the high side, but there are some nice sets being sold.

Lots of info in the trains FAQ - the first post in the trains section of the forum.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 08:37:43 »
Prices in the UK have shot up a lot in the last few months, e.g. £74 for an R/C steam loco with controller, no track, no rolling stock.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 10:58:13 »
Prices in the UK have shot up a lot in the last few months, e.g. £74 for an R/C steam loco with controller, no track, no rolling stock.
Interessant! Denn dann scheint es ja doch einen Markt für diese Produkte zu geben. Schade, daß er für Plamyobil anscheinend zu klein ist, als daß sich eine neue Serie lohnen würde! That's interesting as it shows: There seems to be a market for those trains. What a pity it seems not to be profitable enough for Playmobil to produce a new train-line!  :(

jj:

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 11:19:47 »
The trouble with a train hobby is that it is a commitment for life. Separate pieces are quite expensive (in comparison with pocket money), and your layout is growing with a few pieces each year. I was also a bit lucky: my grandfather kept the passion for trains growing, and learned me a lot about it. Another problem with Playmobil trains is in my opinion that the rails are not direct for sale in shops. That must be a part of the basic stock of each shop (or at least the ones that sales trains).

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 11:43:26 »
Die Playmobileisenbahn ist einfach zu groß und zu unhandlich für ein Kinderzimmer. Und seit sie auf Plastikgleisen fährt, ist sie für Papas (Gartenbahn) uninteressant - zumal die Akkuloks allesamt zu mieserable Fahreigenschaften haben, um bei Gartenbahnern punkten zu können.

As I see it, Playmobil trains are just to big to be run in a normal child's room. And from the day on they decided to put away with LGB-tracks and transformer and let those trains run on plastic tracks, they even are of no use for daddy's garden trains any longer. Even more as those RC-engines proof to be very unreliable.

jj: