Author Topic: Amusement Train 5549  (Read 3033 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Amusement Train 5549
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2014, 19:20:16 »
Well, you do have engines and fire engines outside shops kids can have a ride on, a sort of modern rocking horse idea.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7d/Kiddyride.jpg/200px-Kiddyride.jpg
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2014, 22:35:00 »
You do. I think it's a cute idea
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2014, 00:29:57 »
If you were to get the train cars from Direct Service you would need:

Car:                   30 22 2130 (German DS 1.90 euros)
Seats (need 2): 30 22 2113 (0.30 euros ea)
Hitch:                 30 23 8380 (0.21 euros)
Axles (x 4):        30 28 4290 (0.25 euros each)
Wheels (x 4):     30 28 3360 (0.30 euros)
Tires (x 4):         30 82 0980  (says these are out of stock)

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2014, 15:09:09 »
It seems like a nice enough set nice colurs and bright design and I like the boys bodywarmer but, as others have said it does seem rather expensive for what you're getting  :)

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2014, 19:28:56 »
At the local toy shop, I paid €24 (about US$32, I think) for this.  Is it worth it?  Yes, it is to me - I want it for a specific scene, and I also wanted the woman klicky's curly hair, plus another black child.

It does look as if it should have at least one extra carriage, though, so I do hope that these will become available separately.

I thought I would just put it together and then put it away until the time came to use it.  Not so.  When I discovered that the child klicky as well as the adult sits so securely in the seat, I had to whizz the train round and round the table forever, making sharp turns and crazy serpentines - oh what fun!  And if it is fun for me, then I imagine that a child would love this too.
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2014, 22:29:03 »
At the local toy shop, I paid €24 (about US$32, I think) for this.  Is it worth it?  Yes, it is to me - I want it for a specific scene, and I also wanted the woman klicky's curly hair, plus another black child.

It does look as if it should have at least one extra carriage, though, so I do hope that these will become available separately.

I thought I would just put it together and then put it away until the time came to use it.  Not so.  When I discovered that the child klicky as well as the adult sits so securely in the seat, I had to whizz the train round and round the table forever, making sharp turns and crazy serpentines - oh what fun!  And if it is fun for me, then I imagine that a child would love this too.

My 3 year old nephew LOVES it and was constantly changing the people in it

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2014, 06:22:59 »
Heh well all clickies should get a chance to ride it.  :)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2014, 18:10:52 »
I was wondering if the smoke stack is removable? We have a few old trains that need smoke stacks and this could be used after a black coat of paint.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2014, 05:16:45 »
Yes, it is removable:

Part Number 30 60 3522:

Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn