Author Topic: 3664 The beach  (Read 8892 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: 3664 The beach
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2011, 09:19:56 »
Now let's look at other equipment.

A pair of powerful binoculars are included in the set.  These are the standard ones used before in other sets:

The life float has been used before and comes with a length of rope and two handholds:

We'll test if it floats later.

There is other life saving equipment in the form of the traditional lifebelt:

A megaphone is provided, too, and note also the lifeguard's cap:

Note, too, the excellent printed detail on the lifeguards.  Very smart and businesslike.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2011, 09:28:34 »
In addition to the lifeguards, there are two other figures, a surfer and a small child.

Here's the surfer on the jetty ready for a spot of surfing:

And here he is riding a wave (well, maybe just practising balancing!):

There is a small clip which has to be fitted (with some difficulty I found) into the surfboard:

This holds the surfer in place and can be turned round so he can be facing the front of the board or standing facing the side of the board as in the surfing shot.

(You'll notice that the small clip is also difficult to photograph well!)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2011, 09:42:34 »
Gordon,

It looks like they remembered everything but the cell phones, cooler for cold drinks, and sunscreen. Assuming the male lifeguard has some sort of visor hat before he turns into a friend lobster.
Nice details in photos. This set appears to be quite flexible in where it could be placed amid the boats, pools and beach sets as well as train sets.

Thanks again, Pgal :wave:
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2011, 09:44:17 »
The second figure is a young girl equipped for the beach with straw hat and small fishing net:

Here she is again, laid in the sun:

And sitting up (no doubt wondering where her parents are!  I have the bikini girl who can look after her for the moment):

This is an opportunity, too, to show the beach towel, plastic not material, biut nice nonetheless:

Notice how the towel is shaped to fit the contours of the sand.

As well as fishing, she can also collect shells on the beach, and investigate a starfish:

One thing which does spoil the set is the rather noticeable point where the sprue has been removed from the injection process:

It's a bit more noticeable than usual maybe because it has been a two colour process (the sand and the water) which maybe makes the sprue point larger and, in the example I have also a mix of yellow and blue.  Maybe, though, on reflection, this is nit-picking and the hole can be seen as the resultof a bit of digging in the sand into which water has seeped.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2011, 09:49:01 »
Gordon,

It looks like they remembered everything but the cell phones, cooler for cold drinks, and sunscreen. Assuming the male lifeguard has some sort of visor hat before he turns into a friend lobster.
Nice details in photos. This set appears to be quite flexible in where it could be placed amid the boats, pools and beach sets as well as train sets.

Thanks again, Pgal :wave:

Hmm, good points.  I have a cooler box somewhere and maybe even a tube which would pass for sunscreen.  (Or do Playmobil do one?)

Thanks for your comments on the photos.   :wave:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2011, 10:16:50 »
On now with to the wildlife, a pelican and a dolphin and a supply of fish.

Here's the pelican:

Who can also bend forward:

The dolphin now:

Fins and tail move:

They get on well together:

And there are plenty of fish to share:

(Would someone like to check if dolphins eat fish?)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2011, 10:20:52 »
To round up, a photo of the set all together:

And one to show that with minimum taking apart it will fit back in the original box:

Thanks for looking and next up is the beach compact set.

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2011, 10:44:22 »
Excellent excellent review, Gordon! :wow: :wow: :wow:

You have picked up on all the small details which make this set so great, and make me really want it now!

I think the klickies are really great in this set, especially the surfer!

Can't wait for your review of the beach compact set! :camera:

Damo :)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2011, 12:14:54 »
Great review Gordon! :lol: Thank you I loved it. I really like the set though it is not my theme!  :love:

The Special bikini girl comes with a yellow bottle of sunscreen  ;) though I can't think of a set with a cellphone  :eh?:
There are plenty of coolers in several sets and you can add a thermo bottle too  :)

Yes, dolphins eat fish  ;D
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2011, 13:22:41 »
Excellent review Gordon!! I doubt I'll add it to my collection but its good to know there are such choises!!