Author Topic: 6934 and 6935 – Individual or Extension Stables  (Read 1997 times)

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
6934 and 6935 – Individual or Extension Stables
« on: November 04, 2017, 14:02:03 »

These two sets are exactly as they look on the boxes – no hidden surprises here.  There is only one choice of name plate for each horse’s stable doors (and one blank name plate so that you can write a name yourself): Sparky for the spotty Appaloosa, and um… Blacky for the black Arab.  (The Playmobil website shows the name Ebony instead.)  I didn’t like those names, so they have no name plates!

There are also paper saddle blankets for each horse.  Light blue for the Appaloosa, and white for the Arab.  Having made such a mess of trying to put those on before, I didn’t even attempt it this time.  There are also stick-on jewels for the pink woman’s crash hat, and a heart shaped jewel for her grooming tools box.  I’ve kept those aside for other uses.

I think it is a pity that the Appaloosa doesn’t have a blue saddle to match the bridle and leg bandages.  The Arab got a pink saddle to match everything else; but the Appaloosa just got a black one.

The stables have well-fitting straw to place inside the stables, which is great.  I thought that maybe the stables were a bit small though.

The horses cannot even turn round in them.

I thought that maybe the stables were better suited to ponies.

When I got out one of the similar old stables, though, I discovered that it was only a tiny bit bigger than these new stables.

And, actually, the longer horses cannot turn around in the old stables either!

The new stables are certainly more attractive (and more ‘finished’ looking) than the old ones.  They are intended to also be extensions to the 6962 stable building. That costs €85 though, so it is doubtful that I will get that.  I do hope that Playmobil brings out more of these individual stables, though.

Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline Mr Raven

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: 6934 and 6935 – Individual or Extension Stables
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 14:07:13 »
Um, Raven, you forgot to mention that these sets didn't have any buckets!
When thinking outside the box you make the greatest things happen.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 15:31:55 »
Thanks for the review :)

I really like those "straw pieces" - are they new? I don't remember either.

:lmao:

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 22:17:55 »

:omg:  WHAT?!?!?! :omg:

:sorrow: But how are you supposed to carry feed and water to the ponies???? I protest!   :sorrow:

:loco: :loco: :loco: :loco:

In all seriousness though, thank you for the review.  I'm on the fence (HAHA) about getting that new stable when it becomes available here next year.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 11:02:59 »
Quote from: tahra
I really like those "straw pieces" - are they new?

Yes.  The small pieces outside the stables only come with these two sets.  The square ones for inside the stables are only with these, plus the big 6962 stable building.  There were some straw pieces for inside stables with the 5221 large horse farm, but they were rectangular, not square.

Quote from: leefert
But how are you supposed to carry feed and water to the ponies?

Well, I don’t know about other purchasers of these sets, but I think that somehow we will manage…

Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 17:22:43 »
 :lol:

We need a bucket smiley!

:prays:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2017, 17:38:12 »

Hmmmmmm.... that’s not a ball pit! The poor horse can’t do anything with all of those buckets
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 08:58:42 »
To be fair about the horses turning around, that seems to have to do with the way those legs are posed. I feel like if that horse of that size would be able to turn around. Maybe a classic playmobil horse can do it? they are posed more neutral.

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2017, 07:44:44 »
I've just checked, and yes, you are absolutely correct.  Even at the narrowest point of the stable, next to the feeding rack, there is plenty enough room for the older style horses.