Author Topic: Impressions from Playmobil Convention 2006 in Wolfsburg (Germany)  (Read 15791 times)

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
Re: Impressions from Playmobil Convention 2006 in Wolfsburg (Germany)
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2006, 19:05:12 »
Thank you Little Jo,

Your pictures are very good yet again, The displays you have shown are all outstanding. My favorite custom piece is The Dolphin and I really like that clever use of cotton wool for the fight scene with Asterix it really is like a freeze frame from an action movie.
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline farmboy

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2006, 19:33:13 »
thanks little Jo
       your pictures are great. i hope one day we will have this in the u.s.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2006, 19:48:47 »
Many thanks, Jochen, for showing us the pics and for taking the trouble to drive all that way just for us. ;D  The displays are certainly impressive.  The ones that caught my eye were the military ambulance, the Dolphin, the mediaeval town and something else I've written down that I can't read now.

The pied piper, that was it.

Am I right in thinking that the dashboard photo is a new A Klasse Merc with optional tyre pressure monitoring?

And I've just noticed the emergency scenes which were posted after I first looked at the thread.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 20:22:02 »
:wow: Thank you for sharing these with us Little Jo.

There are some real masterpeices in your pictures but the one that caught my eye was the de-contamination area. I just can't get over how amazing those chemical suits look. I really find it interesting how the person made them look like they are being taken off !!

Kindest Regards  Tim

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2006, 21:01:52 »
Fantastic pics, Jochen! :)9

With so many beautiful dioramas and displays all under one roof, it must have been very hard to take it all in. :o

Thank you for sharing your impressions of the convention. I hope you enjoyed seeing it in person as much as I have enjoyed looking at your photos.  :)

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2006, 23:50:59 »
Hi Little Jo,

Thanks for the terrific pictures.  They are all great!  I especially liked the ship Dolphin, and the cattle being herded into the train cars.

Well Done!!!

Jimbo

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2006, 00:33:18 »

There are some real masterpeices in your pictures but the one that caught my eye was the de-contamination area. I just can't get over how amazing those chemical suits look. I really find it interesting how the person made them look like they are being taken off !!

Yes, that caught my eye, too. I assumed it was a trick of how they were posed, but now I'm not sure. :-\
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2006, 03:59:20 »
Thank you very much, Jochen ...

Great fotos !!!

All the best,
Richard

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2006, 05:48:55 »
The pied piper, that was it.

So is the Pied Piper (Ratcatcher) of Hameln an internationally known tale? (I'm not sure about this, 'cause it's a German town, and maybe only a regional "fable")

Am I right in thinking that the dashboard photo is a new A Klasse Merc with optional tyre pressure monitoring?

Wow, I'm really impressed! You're absolutely right. You know cars very well? (Or just this particular?)
Although these three little icons in the bottom half of the dispaly are not correlated to the tyres but  are indications whether the backseats are occupied and those passenders have fasten their seatbelts -- I'm just mentioning it, 'cause my first idea seeing these icons the first time was that they are a bottom half cross-section of a tyre  :-[

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2006, 06:00:27 »
Yes, that caught my eye, too. I assumed it was a trick of how they were posed, but now I'm not sure. :-\

No, it wasn't a trick (assuming that I understand you right with naming it a "trick").  The "get-undressed-suit" has been glued together just without a klicky inside and afterwards it has been cut/opened in the middle (looking closely to the cutting edge I assume with a Dremel or something similiar).

The empty suit lying on the floor is also an "empty" cover, complemented by some klicky feets. All together has been heated heavily (I assume so, looking to the result) so that it became flat and looks like an empty suit. Really great idea.