Author Topic: Evolution of bml87’s collection  (Read 46655 times)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Re: Evolution of bml87’s collection
« Reply #140 on: September 24, 2019, 19:34:50 »
Then I'd advise you not to bring politics up in the first place, particularly topics you know little about.

My apologies for having stepped on (long) toes.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #141 on: September 24, 2019, 20:21:58 »
What an amazing collection indeed  :love:

I am loving the yodel quartet, the New Orleans jazz band and the upper class couple !

I am also always "gobsmacked" to see how knowledgeable you Guys are when it comes to identifying the smallest accessory and its origin, I feel like such a novice compared to most of you, even after 10 years  :P

Thanks a lot, Karim! About our knowledge of parts, I think we have to thank a lot Heather for her great efforts by creating and updating the Playmobil database! To me it is like the Bible of Playmobil. I "studied" it a lot in my search for parts and klickies and I'm very thankful for her contributions which are very useful for all the collectors! On the other, it's also because of the database that a lot of my money goes to the DS parts service of Playmobil ;D
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #142 on: September 24, 2019, 21:00:34 »
Many of us are experienced customisers and I'm sure everyone has his own method of splitting a klicky. Today I would like to show you how I split my klickies (of course I'm talking about the klickies that don't come from the mystery bags).

I use 3 things: a klicky (of course), a piece of an inner tube of a bicycle tire and pincers:

1. I put the piece of the inner tube a bit over the klicky's shoulders, this will protect the plastic against any damage (caused by the pincers):

2.A I put the pincers right under the klicky's head and I put the pincers together gently (go to step 3):

2.B If you could see through the inner tube, step 2.A would look like this:

3. Now gently put the pincers together, until you have the feeling that the head is halfway out (as in the picture). After that, pull the head out with your hand, using some force and the klicky will be split without any damage! Of course it happens, when you are a little too enthusiastic that the head pops out immediately when you're using the pincers too fast. In that case you could have a little bit of damage at the edge of the neck (almost invisible).

Now, for klickies that wear a coat, a jacket, a collar... (something around the neck):

1. You have to use a second piece of inner tube, just like this:

2.A Now put the pincers next to the cheeks of the klicky (go to 2.B to see what I mean here):

2.B If you could see through the inner tubes, it would look like this:

3. Now, don't put the pincers completely together, instead make sure you have a grip on the head and pull until you have the feeling the head has come out. Because you used two pieces of inner tube, the head and the jacket won't be damaged at all!

Notes:
If you want to try this method, you can always practise on some older klickies, you will see this is a very easy method!
After about 4 months (depending on how many klickies you have split), you will have to use new pieces of inner tubes to avoid damaging the heads. Luckily an inner tube is quite long ;)
It could be that a little bit of black came off on the klicky's face, you can easily remove this with some disinfection alcohol for example.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 19:45:48 by bml87 »
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #143 on: September 24, 2019, 21:42:29 »
My apologies for having stepped on (long) toes.

All this on the day impeachment inquiries into "Tramp" are launched. ;D

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #144 on: September 24, 2019, 23:49:49 »
All this on the day impeachment inquiries into "Tramp" are launched. ;D

Pelosi hasn't scheduled a floor vote yet.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #145 on: September 25, 2019, 01:38:04 »
Thank you for sharing your splitting method with us with the detailed pictures  :)
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #146 on: September 25, 2019, 08:14:41 »
Are you still doubting my sleuthing-methods?! :lol:

NO!!  I am impressed. (I have a text file with the LONG version of THE PROCESS, so I can do a "find" on it, see the date/filename, and find the pic/post... Now, without that.. VERY impressed! :wow: )

With "corrected" I meant "erasing the holes" as well, so I follow your way of thinking in this! If I was good at drawing I would dare to draw some other Playmoish details on parts, unfortunately I am not gifted with drawing... 8}

Yeah, well.. I TRIED to do a mouth for that knight (who was the BRILLIANT MIND who thought he didn't need a mouth?! What a stupid, senseless thing to do :( ), but quit after several attempts.

By the way, for those who are like ??? and don't know what tahra means by that hair, here's an example: (...)

Is there ANYONE who doesn't know that yet?  My name for it is not fit for kindergarten.

It's not that bad.....

Yeah it is.  :P

Thanks, Tim! It seems that no one recognised the cameo of George R. R. Martin so far in that picture (n° 4).

Nice!  :)

(I did a pic for the release of Dance - link on playkingdoms - scroll to 12 July)

Many of us are experienced customisers and I'm sure everyone has his own method of splitting a klicky. Today I would like to show you how I split my klickies

That rubber piece is a good idea... I use a "ring" made out of cardboard and tape - in need of replacement  ::) - when I yank the klickys... I do that for speedos or kids (cause it's hard to get a hold on them to pop them on the... popper  :P )

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #147 on: September 25, 2019, 08:28:41 »
I use 3 things: a klicky (of course), a piece of an inner tube of a bicycle tire and pincers:

The inner tube is an interesting solution. I've been using a strip of cloth wound multiple times around the head, but I'm tempted to give this a shot too. When I started customizing I would jam a knife in between the torso and the legs in a sitting position; though I wrapped the end of the knife with paper and adhesive tape, I ended up scratching a few legs, so I abandoned that method.

Anyway: that klicky in #4 is a nice homage to G.R.R. Martin indeed!  :yup:

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #148 on: September 25, 2019, 14:12:43 »
Is there ANYONE who doesn't know that yet?  My name for it is not fit for kindergarten.

Well, I have to be honest that I'm still doubting about which site you mean with "THAT site", I guess it's Facebook? :-\

Yeah, well.. I TRIED to do a mouth for that knight (who was the BRILLIANT MIND who thought he didn't need a mouth?! What a stupid, senseless thing to do :( ), but quit after several attempts.

Are you talking about this knight (see picture)? Well, the good thing is, that his hair (according to the pictures) will be compatible with the head of Dr. Emmett Brown (Back to the Future)! Let the customising begin!

May I add that the colour of the torso of this knight is the same colour as the arms (and coat) of the black pirate named Bloodbones in the Movie Figures series! Too bad there's no print on the torso...

The inner tube is an interesting solution. I've been using a strip of cloth wound multiple times around the head, but I'm tempted to give this a shot too. When I started customizing I would jam a knife in between the torso and the legs in a sitting position; though I wrapped the end of the knife with paper and adhesive tape, I ended up scratching a few legs, so I abandoned that method.

Before I used the inner tube, I used a piece of cloth as well, but the pincers sometimes cut through it, which damaged the klicky's face. It seems that the rubber of the inner tube is much stronger in combination with the pincers! I consider my method really user-friendly and safe, I think on 200 klickies I might have just 1 that was visible damaged...

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #149 on: September 25, 2019, 14:43:10 »
Well, I have to be honest that I'm still doubting about which site you mean with "THAT site", I guess it's Facebook? :-\

Yes. My name for THAT site is also not kindergarten friendly, I suppose.

Are you talking about this knight (see picture)? Well, the good thing is, that his hair (according to the pictures) will be compatible with the head of Dr. Emmett Brown (Back to the Future)! Let the customising begin!

Yeah.. But we need to draw a mouth on the poor klicky..

May I add that the colour of the torso of this knight is the same colour as the arms (and coat) of the black pirate named Bloodbones in the Movie Figures series! Too bad there's no print on the torso...

Ah...  will have to look into it ;)