Author Topic: 5186 + 5565 Police Units  (Read 1707 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
5186 + 5565 Police Units
« on: October 04, 2015, 17:16:04 »
5186 + 5565 Police Units

(mini tiny review)

I had the older one for quite some time - german version, but somehow hadn't messed with this one yet... a gift (and since it says POLICE and all..  ::) )

So, since I messed with the tank, decided to do both of these as well..

The more recent instructions are the stinky aweful type :(

Contents - as usual, the meaning of "uniform" is still not grasped. But oh well. We can (eventually) fix that.

(as you can see, they ALL have THAT hair here = GAH)

Two nice little sets, IMO.

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
Re: 5186 + 5565 Police Units
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 19:24:52 »
The dog in the 5186 looks a lot nicer than on the box picture - I really like it.  I like the riot shield too.

Yeah, the uniforms (or at least the headgear} are not exactly 'uniform', but I guess that children like a variety to play with - and there's lots for the imagination here.
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 21:04:14 »
I've got the older set and I do quite like it I see that yours also came with the wrong sleeves which means my unit has now been expanded with 2 extra members  :D  it's a simple set but, they look equipped for purpose I particularly like the commanders beret and the police dog is very nice, the riot shield's also good my childhood Police man also had a clear version of it.

I'm not sure about the uniform on the newer set think it works better on the guys with grey shirts even on the guy with the grey vest they're certainly equipped for nay situation look more futuristic but, less realistic, I like the guy with the rope.  Personally I'm not so keen on the dog think I probably wouldn't mind it so much but, for the mouth     

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 00:35:42 »
I love the new police set with all their tactical gear.

I do find it odd that playmobil wont produce modern military but it's happy to produce paramilitary units if the word police is stuck on them. 8}

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 07:38:03 »
I've got the older set and I do quite like it I see that yours also came with the wrong sleeves  (...)

GAH - yes, I forgot to mention that... I was actually happy with it, since I had a bunch of rolled up sleeves to fix them with, and these ones are more useful in more "ancient" settings...

I do find it odd that playmobil wont produce modern military but it's happy to produce paramilitary units if the word police is stuck on them. 8}

Point. May they keep them coming!

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 17:42:43 »
I think these sets show something that Playmobil does really well - taking a bunch of figures that are the "same", policemen - and giving each of them enough different accessories that they would each have a different role or purpose when using (playing!) with them.

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 20:07:12 »
GAH - yes, I forgot to mention that... I was actually happy with it, since I had a bunch of rolled up sleeves to fix them with, and these ones are more useful in more "ancient" settings...

Point. May they keep them coming!

I acutally don't mind them having t-shirt sleeves now that I've got the correct sleeves as well, I gave the first 2 guys with short sleeves different hair and they work quite well to fill the unit out and adds a bit of variety but, I do prefer the rolled up sleeves the only problem with having been sent extra figures is I need extra weapons and helmets/berets for them  :-[   ah well nothing's ever perfect  ::)