Author Topic: Scooby Ghosts  (Read 7213 times)

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
Scooby Ghosts
« on: January 24, 2020, 21:04:30 »
Found these at a local Walmart - a full case, so I got them all.  I have become rather bored with the Mystery Figures, but I am a sucker for anything remotely Halloween-ish and these ghost figures seem pretty interesting.   I'll have time in a few days to start opening them up and I will use the opportunity to try to improve my photo-taking skills.   ;)
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Scooby Ghosts
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 21:14:23 »
Awesome! I didn't know these were out yet!

Can you share a pic of the "booklet ", when you open them?

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 22:02:00 »
. . . . Can you share a pic of the "booklet ", when you open them?

Will do!  Also, I've been looking at your PlayKingdoms site (the gold standard) for examples of how to lay out the package contents for photos, so maybe you'll see some of those pics, as well.  :crossed: 
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 23:19:36 »
I picked up my first ghost yesterday - I got the Space Kook.

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2020, 12:49:32 »
Awesome! I didn't know these were out yet!

ditto. :o So envious. >:D Enjoy! :wave:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2020, 19:05:38 »
Will do!  Also, I've been looking at your PlayKingdoms site (the gold standard) for examples of how to lay out the package contents for photos, so maybe you'll see some of those pics, as well.  :crossed: 

Thank you :)  Hope you're faster. I still have s16 to do, and movie s2  :-[

Weren't these supposed to be available in May?

I'm completely confused.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2020, 20:06:40 »
Walmart US got an exclusive on them and have them available now, general release to other retailers will be May. I picked up 5 of them at my local, but they only had a partial case left so no possibility of a full set from that one. the cases are smaller with only maybe 2 sets per case? They are great figures but I am on the fence about going back and trying to pick up scattershot, or just waiting until May and then ordering a case through my usual shop. Probably the latter.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2020, 12:22:58 »
Looking forward to seeing your photos, Indy! This is a set I am hoping to buy in May... a UK eBay seller says he will be offering complete sets (much the best way to get them, IMO, no bag-fondling necessary!)
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2020, 09:33:21 »
Looking forward to seeing your photos, Indy!

Me too!  ;D

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2020, 01:36:36 »
I've been watching the original Scooby cartoons from 1969 (on YouTube).... In the cartoons all of the "ghosts" are villains in disguise, & the PM Figures are the same. Underneath each ghost outfit is a regular-looking clicky; however, the clickies look like the villains-in-disguise from the cartoons! A good example of this is found in the Scooby & Shaggy set, which features the flowing white-robe kind of ghost. In the original cartoon, the villain is revealed to be a Spanish-looking man with a curly mustache; the clicky is the same. Pretty neat!

I'll post pics of some of the Figures alongside screenshots of their cartoon counterparts tomorrow.